Ms. Brown Required Dance Attire: Hair must be pulled away from the face and off the neck, while in class. Dance Concerts, the company members are required to wear neatly, natural hair pinned buns, ear level, and no extensions. Absolutely NO chewing gum, candy, food or beverages are permitted in 116 dance studio.
1. Pink/nude-female or black-male ballet slippers(canvas only).
2. Elastics must be sewn to properly secure the slipper to dancer’s foot.
3. Bare feet are not permitted in ballet class.
1. All female students are required to wear a full, one piece leotard(any color)for all ballet classes with tights (black, white, pink, natural, suntan, caramel, or cocoa). Ballet students may wear a ballet skirt or ballet shorts if desired, though decorative or embellished tutus are not permitted in dance classes.
1. Male students are required to wear fitted t – shirts (preferably solid color) dance pants or dance shorts.
2. Please, no legwarmers or over sized warm up attire. Ballet sweaters (fitted) are permitted.
3. Two-piece dance wear or street clothing (i.e. jeans, jean shorts, sundresses, basketball shorts) are not permitted.
Modern & Contemporary
1. Bare feet are preferred in contemporary modern or contemporary dance classes
1. Female any color leotard/but black or nude tights are required in class.
2. Male students are required to wear fitted t – shirts (preferably solid color) dance pants or dance shorts.
Students who are not dressed properly will not be permitted to dance with the class and will be asked to write an essay during the entire class block, 3 or more non-dressed dance attire results in a failing grade.
Jazz & Lyrical
1. Black-male or tan-female jazz competition slip-on or jazz boots or nude paws or lyrical shoe or pirouette dance shoe
1. All female students are required to wear a full, one piece, any color, leotard for all jazz classes. Tights (black, white, pink or tan), jazz shorts or jazz pants(yoga) are acceptable.
2. Male students are required to wear fitted t–shirts (preferably solid color) dance pants or dance shorts.
3. Two-piece dance wear or street clothing, (i.e. jeans, jean shorts, sundresses) are not permitted.
Hip Hop (Dance Academy)
1. dance sneakers, jazz oxfords or jazz boots ARE acceptable.
2. No bare feet, sandals, slides or street shoes permitted.
1. Street wear (i.e. sweatshirts, sweatpants, jean shorts), all dance wear is permitted.
2. However no dresses, sundresses are permitted.
Parent initials ______ Student Name________________________ Date_________