Ms S. Liberti Figueroa
Welcome to Resource English!
Phone: 973.677.4050Fax: 973.677.4069
Welcome back to Orange High School!
Welcome to Mrs Figueroa’s Class
ELA Resource III & IV
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each student will come to class on time, be respectful, and complete all assignments to the best of their abilities.
- Students will complete assignments in a timely manner.
- If students are absent for more than two days, their parents will be notified.
- If students are struggling or have questions, they will reach out directly to me ASAP.
- A positive attitude
Activities used for checking for understanding:
- Exit tickets
- These are used as summaries to give me an understanding of how students felt about the lesson, and if they fully comprehended the in class assignment.
- Annotation checks
- While reading a text, students will be provided with guided reading questions to answer as we read. These questions will be answered on post-it notes, and put into each novel. At the conclusion of each chapter, students will be asked to answer the guided reading questions using the post-it notes as a resource to answer the questions, and will be counted as a quiz grade.
- Independent Reading
- Students will work each week with an independent reading novel. Once a week, Reading Logs will be collected and looked over to ensure students are reading and comprehending their chosen text.
Hate speech of any kind will NOT be tolerated. Bullying of any kind will not be tolerated. These will result in immediate write ups.
Plagiarism is ILLEGAL. This is when you take work from someone else and use it as your own. If any student plagiarizes on any assignments, they will receive an automatic 0 that cannot be made up. No Exceptions.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this syllabus!