Ms S. Liberti Figueroa
Welcome to Resource English!
Phone: 973.677.4050Fax: 973.677.4069
Welcome back to Orange High School!
VIRTUAL PARENT CONFERENCES
Please scroll to the bottom of this page for information about Distance Learning!
Welcome to Mrs Figueroa’s Class
ELA Resource III & IV
Contact email: email@example.com
- Each student will come to class on time, be respectful, and complete all assignments to the best of their abilities.
- Students will complete assignments in a timely manner.
- If students are absent for more than two days, their parents will be notified.
- If students are struggling or have questions, they will reach out directly to me ASAP.
- A positive attitude
Activities used for checking for understanding:
- Exit tickets
- These are used as summaries to give me an understanding of how students felt about the lesson, and if they fully comprehended the in class assignment.
- Annotation checks
- While reading a text, students will be provided with guided reading questions to answer as we read. These questions will be answered on post-it notes, and put into each novel. At the conclusion of each chapter, students will be asked to answer the guided reading questions using the post-it notes as a resource to answer the questions, and will be counted as a quiz grade.
- Independent Reading
- Students will work each week with an independent reading novel. Once a week, Reading Logs will be collected and looked over to ensure students are reading and comprehending their chosen text.
Hate speech of any kind will NOT be tolerated. Bullying of any kind will not be tolerated. These will result in immediate write ups.
Plagiarism is ILLEGAL. This is when you take work from someone else and use it as your own. If any student plagiarizes on any assignments, they will receive an automatic 0 that cannot be made up. No Exceptions.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this syllabus!
Dear Orange Township Public School District Staff, Families, and Caregivers,
As we are still immersed in a pandemic; our stellar staff continue to work closely with students. In addition, teachers continue to work alongside their colleagues to ensure that the instructional scenarios presented to students are differentiated, targeted, and intentional. Through professional development opportunities and collaboration, teachers are prepared to educate our students in any scenario. With this in mind, to ensure a smooth transition back to in-person instruction following the holiday break, students and staff will return as per the following schedule: Students will return on January 18, 2022, for in-person instruction after the Martin Luther King Jr. Observance Day (though synchronous instruction will commence daily from January 3, 2022, through January 14, 2022.) Synchronous daily learning beginning January 3, 2022 will follow the student’s full schedule. The school day will be the full length of the instructional day.
Students, please use the following Google Classroom Codes to sign-into Google Classroom and access the links for live instruction and the Remind Codes to contact me: