2020-2021 School Year
Teacher of Mathematics
September 8, 2020 - October 2, 2020
👉PHASE I 100% Virtual Class👈
Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year. This page was created to provide students working from home with access to assignments, links, and practice resource.
Schools will be virtual on Phases I, 100% , Sep.8 - Oct.2 and Phases II Oct.5-Nov.25. Detailed information can be found on the district's page "click here"
Please contact me for codes and instructions on joining Zoom, Google Classroom, Remind and Aleks!
1:15pm-3:15pm Monday to Friday - Text me via Remind and Join through Zoom Link
I am expecting the followings from students EVERY SINGLE DAY :
- Zoom Meet: YOU SHOULD TURN ON YOUR CAMERA.
- Attendance: You should be ON TIME and your do now submission will count as Daily Attendance. (more than 10 mins late = absent, your parent will get a phone call from Mr. Sastim)
- Document your daily work: Use a notebook to take your notes. Also, Make a folder (on you computer) and collect all work(Lesson note, assignment, quiz and test) you've done.
- Classwork and Homework: You need to TURN IN your completed classwork and homework to Google Classroom.
- ALEKS - Spend at least 20min and learn 1 topic a day. If you get Knowledge check test, take it.
- You must upload DO NOW and EXIT TICKET EVERYDAY.
Student responsibilities include:
- Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
- Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
- Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis
- Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
- Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates
Support your child in their learning process by:
- Monitoring OPS updates sent via phone blasts, Seesaw, Remind, Google Classroom, district website, etc.
- Checking in with your child daily about the At Home/Virtual Learning tasks, activities, and assessments that they are working on
- Encouraging adherence and attendance in the At-Home/Virtual Learning check-in times offered by each of your children’s teachers
- Designating a place and time where your child will work independently on his/her assigned tasks
- Asking your child to provide a brief summary of the learning he/she is engaging in for each class to ensure their understanding of the content
- Asking your child about their deadlines and supporting them, as needed, in submitting assignments in accordance with the established deadlines
- Helping your child manage logs to document progress on assignments and lessons
- Reminding your child to contact/email his/her teachers if they have any questions
Note: If you are having technical difficulty accessing the assignments, please contact your schools’ Technology Coordinator Mrs. Budhu for support at BudhuBer@orange.k12.nj.us