2021-2022 School Year
Teacher of Mathematics
VIRTUAL PARENT CONFERENCES
Dear Orange Township Public School District Staff, Families, and Caregivers,
As we are still immersed in a pandemic; our stellar staff continue to work closely with students. In addition, teachers continue to work alongside their colleagues to ensure that the instructional scenarios presented to students are differentiated, targeted, and intentional. Through professional development opportunities and collaboration, teachers are prepared to educate our students in any scenario. With this in mind, to ensure a smooth transition back to in-person instruction following the holiday break, students and staff will return as per the following schedule: Students will return on January 18, 2022, for in-person instruction after the Martin Luther King Jr. Observance Day (though synchronous instruction will commence daily from January 3, 2022, through January 14, 2022.) Synchronous daily learning beginning January 3, 2022 will follow the student’s full schedule. The school day will be the full length of the instructional day.
Students, please use the following Google Classroom Codes to sign-into Google Classroom and access the links for live instruction and the Remind Codes to contact me:
Course Period Google Classroom Remind Algebra II 1 - 2 vn5tjgi @sastim12 Algebra II 3 - 4 h6hbhio @sastim34 Algebra II 5 - 6 s2hgv2f
I am expecting the followings from students EVERY SINGLE DAY :
- Attendance: You should be ON TIME and your do now submission will count as Daily Attendance. (more than 10 mins late = absent, your parent will get a phone call from Mr. Sastim)
- Document your daily work: Use a notebook to take your notes. Also, Make a folder (on you computer) and collect all work(Lesson note, assignment, quiz and test) you've done.
- Classwork and Homework: You need to TURN IN your completed classwork and homework to Google Classroom.
- ALEKS - Spend at least 30min and learn 3 topic a day. If you get Knowledge check test, take it.
- You must upload DO NOW and EXIT TICKET EVERYDAY.
Student responsibilities include:
- Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
- Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
- Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis
- Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
- Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates
Support your child in their learning process by:
- Monitoring OPS updates sent via phone blasts, Seesaw, Remind, Google Classroom, district website, etc.
- Checking in with your child daily about the At Home/Virtual Learning tasks, activities, and assessments that they are working on
- Encouraging adherence and attendance in the At-Home/Virtual Learning check-in times offered by each of your children’s teachers
- Designating a place and time where your child will work independently on his/her assigned tasks
- Asking your child to provide a brief summary of the learning he/she is engaging in for each class to ensure their understanding of the content
- Asking your child about their deadlines and supporting them, as needed, in submitting assignments in accordance with the established deadlines
- Helping your child manage logs to document progress on assignments and lessons
- Reminding your child to contact/email his/her teachers if they have any questions
Note: If you are having technical difficulty accessing the assignments, please contact your schools’ Technology Coordinator Mrs. Budhu for support at BudhuBer@orange.k12.nj.us