Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
Welcome to my Extended Learning Resource Page. Orange High School will be closed from Tuesday, March 17 – Friday, March 27. Please access the district COVID-19 Resource Page at https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/domain/3058 for additional information and daily updates.
This Extended Learning Page was created to outline all expectations and provide you with information to access assignments, links, assessments and practice resources.
I will be available daily to answer any questions you may have. My Virtual Office Hours are as follows:
A.M. Virtual Office Hours – Monday to Friday: 8 A.M to 10 A.M.
P.M. Virtual Office Hours – Monday to Friday: 1 P.M to 3 P.M.
Should you have any questions, you can contact me through the following channels:
Link to Remind Website/Application: https://www.remind.com or you can text your child's classroom code to 81010
Remind App Codes
Period 1: @eg3bh6
Period 2: @7b2e9gc
Period 4: @dhcb69
Period 5A: @fk8g3g
Period 7: @k463dc
Period 8: @3d4hb6
Below are links and codes to access my Google Classroom. All assignments with due dates will be posted Monday through Friday by 10 A.M. Please note, parents/guardians will be contacted if students do not submit assignments.
Link to Google Classroom: https://classroom.google.com/h
Google Classrooms Codes
Period 1: lhxv3va
Period 2: qppwau3
Period 4: 3grlcpa
Period 5A: xhhe3nv
Period 7: 4ojaurk
Period 8: 7jxqs6y
Student responsibilities include:
- Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
- Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
- Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis
- Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
- Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates
Support your child in their learning process by:
- Monitoring OPS updates sent via phone blasts, Class Dojo, Remind, Google Classroom, district website, etc.
- Checking in with your child daily about the At Home/Virtual Learning tasks, activities, and assessments that they are working on
- Encouraging adherence and attendance in the At-Home/Virtual Learning check-in times offered by each of your children’s teachers
- Designating a place and time where your child will work independently on his/her assigned tasks
- Asking your child to provide a brief summary of the learning he/she is engaging in for each class to ensure their understanding of the content
- Asking your child about their deadlines and supporting them, as needed, in submitting assignments in accordance with the established deadlines
- Helping your child manage logs to document progress on assignments and lessons
- Reminding your child to contact/email his/her teachers if they have any questions
Note: If you are having technical difficulty accessing the assignments, please contact your schools’ Technology Coordinator Mrs. Budhu for support at BudhuBer@orange.k12.nj.us
In case of an emergency or extended school closure please use the link(s) and classroom code(s) below to access our Google Classroom Page. The assignments will be posted to our Google Classroom page accordingly. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher's Hours: (available via Google Classroom and Remind)
9:00am - 11:00am
1:00pm - 3:00pm
Resources that we utilize frequently in class are:
Any additional resources will be posted with the assignment in Google Classroom