Orange High School
400 Lincoln Avenue, Orange NJ 07050
- Orange High School
- Extended Learning Plan
Extended LearningPosted by Max Orleans on 3/13/2020
Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
Welcome to my Extended Learning Resource Page. Orange High School will be running on a REMOTE schedule for students from September 8th to mid-November. Please access the district COVID-19 Resource Page at https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/domain/3058 for additional information and daily updates.
This Extended Learning Page was created to outline all expectations and provide you with information to access assignments, links, assessments and practice resources.
I will be available daily to answer any questions you may have. My Virtual Office Hours are as follows:
Class starts at 8:20AM and ends at 3:20PM, my office hours are from 1:00PM to 3:20PM Monday to Friday
P.M. Virtual Office Hours – Monday to Friday: 3:30 P.M to 5:30 P.M.
Should you have any questions, you can contact me through the following channels:
OR by joining your child’s class on the Remind Application:
Period 1/2 Algebra 2 Mr. Orleans
Period 3/4 B/1 Applying Functions & Modeling Mr. Orleans
Period 5/6 B/2 Applying Functions & Modeling Mr. Orleans
Below are links and codes to access my Google Classroom. All assignments with due dates will be posted Monday through Friday by 10:00 A.M. Please note, parents/guardians will be contacted if students do not submit assignments.
Period 1 & 2 LLD 06/1 Algebra 2 Mr. Orleans' class (Code #: dat43qg)
Period 3 & 4 RC Applying Function & Modeling Mr. Orleans' class (Code #: xkmnsdt)
period 5B/6B RC Applying Function & Modeling Mr. Orleans (Code #: isfog6e)
Student responsibilities include:
- Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
- Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
- Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis
- Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
- Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates
Support your child in their learning process by:
- Monitoring OPS updates sent via phone blasts, Class Dojo, Remind, Google Classroom, district website, etc.
- Checking in with your child daily about the At Home/Virtual Learning tasks, activities, and assessments that they are working on
- Encouraging adherence and attendance in the At-Home/Virtual Learning check-in times offered by each of your children’s teachers
- Designating a place and time where your child will work independently on his/her assigned tasks
- Asking your child to provide a brief summary of the learning he/she is engaging in for each class to ensure their understanding of the content
- Asking your child about their deadlines and supporting them, as needed, in submitting assignments in accordance with the established deadlines
- Helping your child manage logs to document progress on assignments and lessons
- Reminding your child to contact/email his/her teachers if they have any questions
Note: If you are having technical difficulty accessing the assignments, please contact your schools’ Technology Coordinator Mrs. Budhu for support at BudhuBer@orange.k12.nj.us