Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
Welcome to my Extended Learning Resource Page. Orange High School will be closed from Tuesday, March 17 – Friday, March 27. Please access the district COVID-19 Resource Page at https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/domain/3058 for additional information and daily updates.
This Extended Learning Page was created to outline all expectations and provide you with information to access assignments, links, assessments, and practice resources.
I will be available daily to answer any questions you may have. My Virtual Office Hours are as follows:
A.M. Virtual Office Hours – Monday to Friday: 8 AM to 10 AM
P.M. Virtual Office Hours – Monday to Friday: 1 PM to 3 PM
Should you have any questions, you can contact me through the following channels:
OR by joining your child’s class on the Reminder Application:
English IV Period 1: Reminder App code: @k6982d
A.A.W.W.20thC. Period 2: Reminder App code: @aaww2
English IV Period 5A: Reminder App code: @ck4g2h
English IV Period 6A Bautista/Johns: Reminder App code: @dgbcac
Public Speaking Period 7: Reminder App code: @ceeb48
Below are links and codes to access my Google Classroom. All assignments with due dates will be posted Monday through Friday by _8_A.M. Please note, parents/guardians will be contacted if students do not submit assignments.
English IV Period 1: https://classroom.google.com/u/2/c/NDE4NjY0MTc0OTJa
A.A.W.W.20thC. Period 2: https://classroom.google.com/u/2/c/NjAzOTIxMDc2Mjda
English IV Period 5A: https://classroom.google.com/u/2/c/NDE4NjY0MTc1MTVa
English IV Period 6A Bautista/Johns: https://classroom.google.com/u/2/c/MjQwMzU1NTg0OTRa
Public Speaking Period 7: https://classroom.google.com/u/2/c/NDE4NjY3MTY3MzNa
Student responsibilities in completing the assignments include:
* Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
* Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
* Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources on a daily basis
* Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
* Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
* Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates
Support your child in their learning process by:
* Monitoring OPS updates sent via phone blasts, Class Dojo, Remind, Google Classroom, district website, etc.
* Checking in with your child daily about the At Home/Virtual Learning tasks, activities, and assessments on which they are working
* Encouraging adherence and attendance in the At-Home/Virtual Learning check-in times offered by each of your children’s teachers
* Designating a place and time where your child will work independently on his/her assigned tasks
* Asking your child to provide a brief summary of the learning he/she is engaging in for each class to ensure their understanding of the content
* Asking your child about their deadlines and supporting them, as needed, in submitting assignments in accordance with the established deadlines
* Helping your child manage logs to document progress on assignments and lessons
* Reminding your child to contact/email his/her teachers if he/she has any questions
Note: If you are having technical difficulty accessing the assignments, please contact the school's Technology Coordinator Mrs. Budhu for support at BudhuBer@orange.k12.nj.us
* To gain access to PDF versions of the student resource books and other helpful links, go to: https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/Page/25085
* Library Resources (which will help with a lot but especially the research paper) provided by Mr. Neglio:
Databases:Ebsco:username: orangehspassword: tornado1!SIRSusername: orangelibpassword: orangeWorldbook:username: orangehspassword: 07050Book Circulation:Students should use Remind to contact Mr. Neglio with student ID and Bar code 3754.......Mr. Neglio's Remind Class info:For proper formatting and appropriate documentation of sources for research:https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/mla_style/mla_formatting_and_style_guide/mla_formatting_and_style_guide.htmlThis will also be posted in Google Classroom.