Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
Welcome to my Extended Learning Resource Page. Orange High School will be closed from Tuesday, March 17 – Friday, March 27. Please access the district COVID-19 Resource Page at https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/domain/3058 for additional information and daily updates.
This Extended Learning Page was created to outline all expectations and provide you with information to access assignments, links, assessments and practice resources.
I will be available daily to answer any questions you may have. My Virtual Office Hours are as follows:
A.M. Virtual Office Hours – Monday to Friday: 8:00 A.M to 10:00 A.M.
P.M. Virtual Office Hours – Monday to Friday:1:00 P.M to 3:00 P.M.
Should you have any questions, you can contact me through the following channels:
OR by joining your child’s class on the Reminder Application:Remind Codes (For Parents and Students)US History 1, Period 1 Code - @eg3bh6US History 1, Period 2 Code - @7b2e9gcUS History 1, Period 4 Code - @dhcb69US History 2, Period 5A Code - @fk8g3gUS History 2, Period 7 Code - @k463dcGlobal Studies, Period 8 Code - @e9dkd62Below are links and codes to access my Google Classroom. All assignments with due dates will be posted Monday through Friday by 8:00 A.M. Please note, parents/guardians will be contacted if students do not submit assignments.Google ClassroomUS History 1, Period 1 Code - lhxv3va Link to class: https://classroom.google.com/u/0/c/NDE5MDQ3MjYwNDhaUS History 1, Period 2 Code - qppwau3 Link to class: https://classroom.google.com/u/0/c/NDE5MDQ3NzQxMzhaUS History 1, Period 4 Code - 3grlcpa Link to class: https://classroom.google.com/u/0/c/NDE5MDQ3NzQxNzBaUS History 2, Period 5A Code - xhhe3nv Link to class: https://classroom.google.com/u/0/c/NDE5MDQ3NzQyMDZaUS History 2, Period 7 Code - 4ojaurk Link to class: https://classroom.google.com/u/0/c/NDE5MDQ3NzQyNjNaGlobal Studies, Period 8 Code - a7hzsxb Link to class: https://classroom.google.com/u/0/c/NDE5MDQ3NzQyNjNa
Student responsibilities include:
- Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
- Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
- Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis
- Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
- Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates
Support your child in their learning process by:
- Monitoring OPS updates sent via phone blasts, Class Dojo, Remind, Google Classroom, district website, etc.
- Checking in with your child daily about the At Home/Virtual Learning tasks, activities, and assessments that they are working on
- Encouraging adherence and attendance in the At-Home/Virtual Learning check-in times offered by each of your children’s teachers
- Designating a place and time where your child will work independently on his/her assigned tasks
- Asking your child to provide a brief summary of the learning he/she is engaging in for each class to ensure their understanding of the content
- Asking your child about their deadlines and supporting them, as needed, in submitting assignments in accordance with the established deadlines
- Helping your child manage logs to document progress on assignments and lessons
- Reminding your child to contact/email his/her teachers if they have any questions
Note: If you are having technical difficulty accessing the assignments, please contact your schools’ Technology Coordinator Mrs. Budhu for support at BudhuBer@orange.k12.nj.usClever: https://goo.gl/oibH6h (mainly for use of VocabularySpelling City and BrainPOP)