2020-2021 School Year
Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
This Extended Learning Page was created to outline all expectations and provide you with information to access assignments, links, assessments and practice resources. The 2020-21 school year will be different but we will continue to learn and work togther.
I will be available daily to answer any questions you may have. My Virtual Office Hours are from 1:15-3:15 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. I will be working with a few different teachers therefore I may join their office hours but can always set up time for a small group or 1 on 1 instruction in that time frame. PLEASE reach out so I can assist as many students as possible.
Should you have any questions, you can contact me through the following channels:
OR by joining your child’s class on the Reminder Application:
Below are links and codes to access my Google Classroom.
Please note, parents/guardians will be contacted if students do not submit assignments.
Period 1: English II with Ms. Mugrace
Google Classroom Code: pgzzsyh
Period 1: English IV with Ms. Johns
Google Classroom Code: 7o4wsgo
Period 2: US History 1 With Mr. McCormick
Google Classroom Code: o7tny5o
Period 5: English II with Ms. Benton
Google Classroom Code: 4qzwjym
Period 7: English III with Ms. Jackson
Google Classroom Code: knwqbfh
OFFICE HOURS 1:15-3:15 I will be in all teachers meetings floating around. And can always have 1 on 1 meetings. (by appointment MeetDietrick)
Research project database resources:Ebsco:username: orangehspassword: tornado1!SIRS:username: orangelibpassword: orangeWorldbook:username: orangehspassword: 07050
Student responsibilities include:
- Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
- Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
- Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis
- Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
- Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates
Support your child in their learning process by:
- Monitoring OPS updates sent via phone blasts, Class Dojo, Remind, Google Classroom, district website, etc.
- Checking in with your child daily about the At Home/Virtual Learning tasks, activities, and assessments that they are working on
- Encouraging adherence and attendance in the At-Home/Virtual Learning check-in times offered by each of your children’s teachers
- Designating a place and time where your child will work independently on his/her assigned tasks
- Asking your child to provide a brief summary of the learning he/she is engaging in for each class to ensure their understanding of the content
- Asking your child about their deadlines and supporting them, as needed, in submitting assignments in accordance with the established deadlines
- Helping your child manage logs to document progress on assignments and lessons
- Reminding your child to contact/email his/her teachers if they have any questions
Note: If you are having technical difficulty accessing the assignments, please contact your schools’ Technology Coordinator Mrs. Budhu for support at BudhuBer@orange.k12.nj.us
Please be safe!!