Getting Started with Smart
The following free training resources will provide you with an overview on how to get started with SMART Notebook collaborative learning software, how to use the Gallery and Lesson Activity Toolkit, and how to create engaging, interactive SMART Notebook lessons.
Quick Reference Guides
- SMART Notebook Basics – PDF English | French | Spanish |
- SMART Notebook Software Toolbar – PDF ( Windows | Mac )
- Collecting and Sharing Content – PDF ( Windows | Mac )
- Finding What You Need – tutorial English | French
- SMART Notebook Software Basics – English | Spanish
- The Digital Ink Layer – English | French
- The Page Sorter – tutorial
- Managing Pages – tutorial English | French
- The Properties Tab – tutorial English | French
- Objects in SMART Notebook Software – tutorial English
- New Tools in SMART Notebook 10 – tutorial English | French
SMART Notebook Layers – video
This video shows you how to create simple layers and groups to create engaging lessons.
The Transparent Background – video
This video shows you how to use the Transparent Background in SMART Notebook software.
The Gallery and the Lesson Activity Toolkit
The Gallery and the Lesson Activity Toolkit provide collections of customizable tools and templates, including activities, games and graphics, and tools that you can use to create professional-looking, interactive and engaging lessons.
Quick reference guides
- The Notebook Gallery – video
This video shows you how to search and browse the SMART Notebook Gallery, and shows some examples of activities in the Gallery.
Smart Board Page Recorder/Smart Recorder/Video Player
- In Smart Notebook - PDF Tutorial English
- SmartBoard Hardware Reference Card
- SmartBoard Exchange Lesson Plans
- Scholastic Interactive White Board Lessons