Chromebooks: Devices to support engagement and active learning at home and in school
We are committed to helping students meet the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards for Students.
These standards include:
- Empowered Learner: Students leverage technology to take an active role in choosing, achieving, and demonstrating competency in their learning goals, informed by the learning sciences.
- Digital Citizen: Students recognize the rights, responsibilities and opportunities of living, learning and working in an interconnected digital world, and they act and model in ways that are safe, legal and ethical.
- Knowledge Constructor: Students critically curate a variety of resources using digital tools to construct knowledge, produce creative artifacts and make meaningful learning experiences for themselves and others.
- Innovative Designer: Students use a variety of technologies within a design process to identify and solve problems by creating new, useful or imaginative solutions.
- Computational Thinker: Students develop and employ strategies for understanding and solving problems in ways that leverage the power of technological methods to develop and test solutions.
- Creative Communicator: Students communicate clearly and express themselves creatively for a variety of purposes using the platforms, tools, styles, formats and digital media appropriate to their goals.
- Global Collaborator: Students use digital tools to broaden their perspectives and enrich their learning by collaborating with others and working effectively in teams locally and globally.
Chromebooks help our students develop skills and have experience that will support them as they work to meet these standards.
We believe in the importance of the 4Cs for 21st Century Learning.
The 4Cs include:
- Critical Thinking
Chromebooks, along with the support of staff and teachers, can help students develop their proficiency with each of the 4Cs.Overview
All students in grades K - 12 will be provided with a district issued Chromebook.Policies and Guidelines
All families are required to review and sign the following documents. A copy of a valid photo ID must be on file with each Chromebook Loaner Agreement:
- Chromebook Loaner Agreement
- District Acceptable Use Policy (Scroll to bottom to select language)
- Digital Acceptable Use Policy Form
- Chromebook Care
- Chromebook Maintenance for Parents