Orange High School
Working Paper Procedures
Working papers can be processed at OHS on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:30am - 3:00pm.
After reading through the procedures outlined below, questions can be directed through my Remind Class. Working papers will be processed after completing steps 1-6.
Seven Steps in Obtaining Working Papers
1. You must have been hired for a job prior to starting your paperwork.
2. Pick up the Working Paper A300 Combined Certification Form from the OHS Guidance Office. You may also download the forms from the link below.
3. Complete section A: Minor’s Personal Information A parent/guardian signature is required.
4. Have the Employer complete Section B: Employment Information. The employer signature is required.
5. Bring your working paper to your physician to complete Section C: Physician’s Certification. If you have had a physical at OHS for athletic activities, that may be used for this section. You must obtain the information from the Nurse’s office.
6. Return the working paper to OHS with your proof of age. Acceptable documents for Section D: Proof of Age include:
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
Not accepted as proof of age: Driver’s License, Social Security Card
7. Once all sections A through C are completed in entirety and proof of age is ready to be presented, the remaining sections D: Proof of Age, E: School Record, and F: Issuing Officer Certification will be completed by school personnel. The school Issuing Officer will return to you a copy of the working paper. A copy will be kept on file at OHS.
(If previous completed working papers are on file, steps 5 and 6 do not need to be completed again. A copy of the previous working paper will be kept with the new form.)
After step 7 is completed by Ms. Ninivaggi, the document will be completed and returned to the student. The student is now able to report to his/her job and begin working.
Links for the Working Paper Information and Form: