Welcome to Mr. Hagan's Extended Learning Page
Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to the Extended Learning Resource Page. This page was created to provide students working from home with access to assignments, links, assessments, and practice resources. Schools will be closed from Tuesday, March 17 – Friday, March 27. Additional information and daily updates can be found on the district’s COVID-19 Resource Page found at https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/domain/3058.
I will be available daily to answer any questions you may have. My virtual Office Hours are as follows:
ALL ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE POSTED IN GOOGLE CLASSROOM
Below are the links and codes to my Google Classrooms and Remind. Assignments will be posted by 9AM each day, M – F.
Each assignment contains a due date. Please note, parents will be contacted if students are not completing assignments.
Lit and Film 1: cyk3aow
Lit and Film 2: fbb6wh5
English 3-1 (5th Period): 772kyth
English 3-2 (7th Period): hhpmlm6
Lit and Film: Text @h8kdef7 to 81010
English 3: Text @9d93g8 to 81010
Link to Clever (Reading Plus, Edulastic, Newsela)
Link to District ELA Resources:
Student responsibilities in completing the assignments include:
- Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
- Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
- Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis
- Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
- Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates
Other Possible enhancements:
- Web art
- Extended Resources
- Daily Do Nows
- Daily Challenges!
Support your child in their learning process by:
- Monitoring OPS updates sent via phone blasts, Class Dojo, Remind, Google Classroom, district website, etc.
- Checking in with your child daily about the At Home/Virtual Learning tasks, activities, and assessments that they are working on
- Encouraging adherence and attendance in the At-Home/Virtual Learning check-in times offered by each of your children’s teachers
- Designating a place and time where your child will work independently on his/her assigned tasks
- Asking your child to provide a brief summary of the learning he/she is engaging in for each class to ensure their understanding of the content
- Asking your child about their deadlines and supporting them, as needed, in submitting assignments in accordance with the established deadlines
- Helping your child manage logs to document progress on assignments and lessons
- Reminding your child to contact/email his/her teachers if they have any questions
Note: If you are having technical difficulty accessing the assignments, please contact your schools’ Technology Coordinator Mrs. Budhu for support at BudhuBer@orange.k12.nj.us