WELCOME TO MY PAGE!
Mrs. Esther Lawal
Rosa Parks Community School
I am excited to be a school counselor at RPCS! I am here everyday (online for now,) as an advocate for all students. I work with students individually, in small groups, and in the classrooms. I also provide responsive services as part of a comprehensive counseling program. I prepare workhops and make presentations on important topics such as bullying, Intervention and Referral Services, Career Planning, etc. to students, staff, and parents. Furthermore, I provide services to parents and teachers through consultations and conferences. I have an open door policy. Everyone is welcome. We are going to get through the COVID 19 period and get to meet in person soon.
I wish you and your family an exciting and safe new school year!
- All students can learn.
- Students need to be treated with respect.
- The school counselor has a role in facilitating a learning environment where all students can succeed.
- All students can succeed to their fullest potential regardless of background, race, ethnicity, or socio-economic status.
- A supportive learning environment is conducive to immediate and future educational success.
- The school counseling program is designed to promote the academic, career, personal, and social development of every student.
- The school counselor has a professional responsibility to perform her roles within the Ethical Guidelines of the American School Counselor Association (ASCA).
A little Information about Me…..
I am a certified school counselor. I have a B.A. in Education, M.Sc. in Applied Psychology, and M.A. in school Counseling. I was an elementary teacher at the former Central School for 10 years before joining Rosa Parks Community School. I have been a member of faculty at RPCS since 2010.
Outside of school, I volunteer on weekends to work with young children. I also participate in multicultural activities in my neighborhood. I enjoy spending time with my family, reading, and traveling.
Email me at email@example.com