Rosa Parks Community School Nurse's Office
Ms. Anyanwu, BSN, RN, CSN-NJ
Office Hours: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm; 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Welcome Rosa Parks Families!
As the school nurse, I am excited to work with your children. I look forward to meeting the health needs of your children in the school setting. Please, contact me if your child(ren) has/have any medical needs or concerns that may impact his/her day at school.
Throughout the school year, I will be conducting several screenings for our students. These screenings include height, weight, blood pressure, vision and hearing. Families will be notified of results that are not within the normal limits identified during these assessments/screenings.
Health Office Guidelines:
- Keep your child home with a fever (100 degrees or higher). Child must be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- If your child vomits or has diarrhea, please keep him/her at home.
- Please be sure your child gets a good night's sleep and eats a good breakfast before school.
- If your child cannot participate in gym or any physical activities for any reason, please send in a doctor's note.
- No medication will be administered in school without a doctor's prescrition or note.
- Students with health conditions such as asthma, seizures, diabetes and life-threatening allergies must have emergency action plans in place in school with any emergency medication(s) prescribed by the doctor.
- Incoming 6th graders are required by the State of New Jersey to have received their Tdap and Menningococcal vaccines.
- Please, always call the main office if your child will be absent from school indicating the reason for the absence.
COVI-19 Handshake Alternatives!