Reading Plus is a highly important Language Arts program that assesses your child’s reading level and provides reading exercises perfect for each individual student. With consistent use, this tool allows all students to develop their reading skills in a personalized and progressive way!
How does it work?
All students are assigned 5 SeeReader lessons a week. Students are expected to login through Clever. Clever usernames and passwords will be given to students the first week of school. Once the student is logged in, he or she will choose a lesson based on a topic he or she feels like reading about. You may notice a small white bar that guides your child along with the reading. This is a tool to help develop a faster reading rate! After reading, children will answer questions about the text. The top of the screen will show their accuracy. A red box signifies an incorrect response, a yellow box signifies a partially correct response and a green box signifies a correct response. If you notice a letter “R” in the box, your child used a reread which allowed them to look back into the text. This shows great reading habits! Be sure to encourage students to aim for all green boxes!
For more information about Reading Plus, you can check out their YouTube page for demos and tips on how to work the program at home: Click Here
Keeping students accountable
Teachers will be holding students accountable for completing the 5 assigned lessons every week. This will reflect on their grade in ELA. In order to keep students engaged and on track, please keep the following tips in mind:
- Monitor your child’s activity at home. Be sure they are completing all their lessons.
- If they don’t score 85% or higher, encourage them to try again and aim for a higher score.
- If your child expresses frustration or hesitance to repeat lessons, please encourage him or her to push through, as reading skills are developed and mastered over time with lots of practice!
- Make sure students have all lessons completed before the end of the week.
- Click Here for additional information.
This will help your child grow, stay on track and maintain a strong ELA grade. If you have any comments or concerns, please reach out to the ELA department and Mr. Roga and Ms. Miqueli will be happy to help!
Thank you and have a great summer!
The Middle School ELA Team