Degrees and Certifications:
Course Summary and Supplies Lists
Welcome to my French Class. I am glad you are here!
Resumé du Cours/ Course Summary
French class is an introduction to the language and culture of France and other countries where French is spoken. Emphasis is placed upon basic communication skills to develop the student’s ability to understand, read, write, listen, and speak the language by using the interpersonal, interpretive, and presentational modes of communication.
At the completion of this course, students are expected to be able to:
- Communicate in French orally and in writing, such as greetings, school, food, family, pets, weather, etc.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of French spelling, pronunciation, and basic French grammar.
- Show some knowledge of the francophone world and French geography, history, and daily life.
Each student will receive an account and password to engage in interactive learning activities on-line. Assignments are posted on the board and on google classroom.
At least one major project each marking period, which will be counted as test grade. Each project will include at a minimum the use of written and spoken French.
If you wish to contact me with concerns or questions, I can be reached at 973- 677-4515 or e-mail: email@example.com (preferred method of contact)
Les Matériaux / Supplies Lists:
- Marble Composition Book- daily
- Folder (2 pockets)
- Index cards (optional)
- Pens and Pencils
- Dry erase marker pens for individual whiteboard activities
Grading & Digital Content
Test Average – 25%
Quiz Average – 20%
Authentic Assessment Average – 25%
Class Performance and Participation – 20%
Homework – 10%
Digital Platforms we use:
- Google Classroom -Google Form -
- Blooket, Kahoot - Jamboard
- Flipgrid - Quizlet - Padlet