School Counselors help students by.
Pamela VenableSchool CounselorOakwood Avenue School973 677-4000 ext. 16810
- Developing and delivering classroom guidance lessons that teach skills such as healthy decision making, resolving conflicts and respecting others.
- Working collaboratively with students, parents and teachers to identify and remove barriers to learning.
- Supporting students by teaching skills for achieving success.
- Helping students to recognize and make the best of their abilities.
- Counseling students individually and in groups
- Providing support during personal crisis.
- Orienting new students.
Assisting students in learning how school performance relates to future opportunities.