Welcome and Introduction
Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to the Extended Learning Resource Page. This page was created to provide students working from home with access to assignments, links, assessments, and practice resources. Schools is still virtual until further notice. Additional information and daily updates can be found on the district’s COVID-19 Resource Page found at https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/domain/3058.
I will be available daily to answer any questions you may have and provide support to the students. My virtual Office Hours are as follows:
Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays: 2:30 PM-2:50 PM
Small Group Schedule and Link
Grade 5: Monday, Thursday, Friday (1:00-1:25)
Grade 6: Monday, Friday (2:00-2:30) Thursday (1:30-1:55)
Grade 7: Monday, Friday (1:30-1:55) Thursday (2:00-2:30)
Grades 5-7: Open to all grades (1:00-2:30)
Should you have any questions about assignments, you can contact me through the following channels:
Google Classroom Reminder for 5th/6th/7th Grades
Please use your Google account to access assignments and read comments in the Stream.
You can also ask questions and post comments in the daily Stream.
All assignments and due dates will be available using your Google account.
Mrs. Alexander-Taylor's Google Classroom Code: htiycxp
Below are the codes to the Google Classrooms I support:
ELA with Mrs. Cook (Ms. Williams' HR - 8:45 am- 9:30 am)
Social Studies with Mr. Van Valkenburg (Ms. Williams' HR A-day 10:15 am-11:00 am)
Science with Ms. Edwards (Ms. Williams' HR B-day 10:15 am-11:00 am)
ELA with Mrs. Brandt (Mrs. Brandt's HR - 11:00 am- 11:45 am)
ELA with Ms. Catanzarite (Ms. Catanzarite's HR- 11:00am- 11:45am)
Student responsibilities in completing the assignments include:
1. Attending and participating in all virtual classes
2. Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
3. Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
4. Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates
5. Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
6. Routinely checking Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis