Welcome to 5th Grade Math!
My name is Jaylen Henderson-Peña, “Mr. J” (my pronouns are he/him/él), and I will be your child’s Mathematics teacher. This is my second year teaching at RPCS, and I am very excited to work alongside you and your child this year!
My philosophy of teaching is simple: I believe that all students have a desire to learn. Therefore, it is my goal as your child’s Mathematics teacher to establish an environment where they love to attend and master new skills. Ultimately, we all want your child to glow and grow this year. Through open communication between teachers, students, and parents/guardians, I believe that we can anticipate a rewarding and memorable school year!
- ENSURE that students learn and grow in math throughout the school year
- CHALLENGE students to become self-motivated and independent scholars
- CREATE an engaging environment that students and teachers love coming to
Degrees and Certifications from Seton Hall University:
- B.S. in Integrated Elementary and Special Education
- B.A. in Liberal Studies, Spanish minor
- CEAS in Elementary Education
- CEAS in Teaching Students with Disabilities
- This is my fourth time teaching fifth grade in Orange
- I'm a huge fan of Pokémon and Avatar: The Last Airbender series
- My cooking skills are immaculate (my mac n' cheese is unmatched)