Orange Public Schools
Gerald Fitzhugh, II, Ed.D., Superintendent of Schools
- Orange Public Schools
Update from the Superintendent of Schools: New Administrative Appointments
Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Gerald Fitzhugh, II, placed several administrative recommendations in front of the Board at the July 13 Board of Education Meeting and is pleased to report to the Orange school community that the Board approved the following appointments:
- Assistant Superintendent of Innovation and Systems: Tina Powell, Ed.D.
- Executive Director STEM Focused Learning: Mr. David Scutari
- Principal of Heywood Avenue School: Mr. Dion Patterson
- Principal of STEM Innovation Academy of the Oranges: Devonii Reid, Ed.D.
- Supervisor of Career Technical Education: Mr. Jahmel Drakeford
- Supervisor of Social Studies: Mr. Marc Levenson
- Vice Principal of Orange Early Childhood Center: Ms. Emily Bischoff
(Front Row, left to right) Mr. Drakeford, Mr. Levenson, Dr. Reid, Dr. Powell, Mr. Scutari, Mr. Patterson, and Ms. Bischoff. (Back Row, left to right) Ms. Dismuke, Mr. Ballard (BA), Board Member Armstrong, Ms. Alcantara, Board Members Cabido, Henry, Crockett, Turner, Wingfield, Johnson, Gravesande, Attorney Kleen, Superintendent Dr. Fitzhugh
At the Board Meeting, the Executive Director of Human Resources, Ms. Shebra Jones Dismuke, introduced each appointee. She was assisted, in part, by Executive Director Faith Alcantara, Executive Director Dr. Jacquelyn Blanton, and the new Assistant Superintendent of Innovation and Systems, Dr. Tina Powell, when announcing their replacements. Superintendent Dr. Fitzhugh also presented the appointment of Dr. Powell to her new executive role. The board members approved the selections and applauded each candidate for their achievement.
Superintendent Dr. Fitzhugh asks that all join him in congratulating the new administrators in our school district.