Orange Public Schools COVID-19 Testing Program
COVID-19 Testing for Students and Staff
Keeping school buildings open depends upon awareness of and immediate action on any COVID-19 concerns in our buildings. To do this, we need students and staff in our buildings to get tested! That’s why we are continuing the voluntary weekly testing program in school buildings beginning on September 13, 2021. Our testing partners come to district schools each week and test in-person staff and students from Grades Kindergarten -12. The number of people to be tested will depend on the size of the school, but will consist of 25% of a school’s in-person population each week, students and staff included.
In order for your child to participate in the program, you must submit the consent form for in-school COVID-19 testing. Instructions on how to submit the form are below.
Registering the Participant:
- THIS MUST BE COMPLETED FIRST: Document upload attach ID (parent’s ID[front and back] if participant is under the age 18) and participant insurance card [front and back] if applicable and registration completion is completed through the following link: https://patientportal.advancedmd.com/148265/onlinescheduling
- Complete consent form and registration through the online portal.
- Consent Sign off is completed through link: https://patientportal.advancedmd.com/148265/account/logon
IN PERSON PROCESS
Parents will accompany students to complete all consents, registration, and provide supporting documents; attach ID (parent’s ID[front and back] if participant is under the age 18) and participant insurance card [front and back] if applicable. Print and sign the form and bring it to your child’s school on the first day they are back in the school building. A printable PDF file is available in three languages, under Consent Forms. Print and sign the form and bring it to your child’s school on the first day they are back in the school building.
Participant’s Access To Their Results
To Access Test Results go to the link below: https://quickpassmd.com/portal/portal.aspx?id=jlh
This testing initiative is organized by our partners JL Hudson Holdings, LLC. The test is easy, quick, and safe. Instead of the “long swab” that goes in the back of the nose, this test is a short, small swab (like a Q-Tip) that goes just in the front of the nose. Later this school year, it is possible that tests will be administered by collecting a small amount of saliva (spit). The whole test will take about two minutes.
We want to assure you that if your child is selected for testing but is uncomfortable or unable to be tested, we will not test your child and will work with you to address any concerns so that they can participate in future testing. We are focused on making this a brief, and gentle experience for our students, led by trained testers.
If your child is tested, we will let you know they were tested and when and how you will receive the results, which will typically be provided within 48-72 hours.
All participants, parents, guardians will have access to the results specimen collected. A daily report will be available online at: https://quickpassmd.com/portal/portal.aspx?id=jlh
- If a participant tests positive while in the presence of JLHH, a JLHH staff member will remove the participant to an isolated location and contact designated school personnel who will implement the districts positive COVID- 19 action plan.
- If a participant tests positive after a specimen is observed and processed, JLHH will contact the designated school personnel who will implement the district's positive COVID-19 action plan.