6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Parent Conference - PreK-7
1:15 PM - 4:00 PM Parent Conference - PreK-7
1:15 PM - 4:00 PM Parent Conference - Grades 8-12
“Building the Future…..One Child at a Time”
397 Park Avenue
Tel: 973-677-4000 ext. 1920 or 1903
It is the intent of the Early Childhood Department to provide a quality educational opportunity for all children ages three and four living in the City of Orange. Our goal is to maximize their individual cognitive, physical, and social/emotional potential by utilizing a developmentally appropriate approach to learning that is supported by a comprehensive research-based curriculum and the NJ Preschool Teaching and Learning Standards.
· All children will have an equal opportunity to develop personally (i.e. culturally and linguistically) through a quality preschool educational experience
· All children will be provided with a quality educational environment that promotes his/her cognitive, social, and emotional growth
· All children come to school with a special gift and something to offer; it is the responsibility of caring adults to accept, acknowledge and support them while nurturing their gifts in a warm and respectful quality learning environment
· A developmental approach to preschool education supported by a comprehensive research-based curriculum provides educational opportunities that allow for success in life
· Effective preschool programs have an effect not only on the preschooler but on the community as well. It has the potential to positively alter the lives of families and the community at large
Your child must have a flu shot by December 14th or he/she will be excluded from classes starting January 2nd, 2019.
Proof of shot must be given to your school nurse.
First Annual District Parent Conference
The First Annual District Parent Conference will be held on Saturday, December 1, 2018, at Lincoln Avenue School, from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. There will be an overview of the district's Social Emotional Heath Initiative, student activities, a trailer of the Orange High School play "Musical Comedy Murders of 1940," and the following presentations: ESL Testing/Results, How to Build a Home Library, Social Emotional Health, Home Ownership and Credit Counseling, and Entrepreneurship Classes. Click here for flyer.
The Essex County Environmental Center is a facility of the Essex County Parks System. Pre-registration is required for all programs unless otherwise noted. All programs require a minimum number of participants to run. For more information, please call 973.228.8776
Click on the link below for a full view of all clubs, programs, field trips and camps for children and adults.
The OECC is in partnership with...