Extended Learning Information and Resources
Dear Families and Students, Welcome to the Extended Learning Resource Page. This page was created to provide students working from home with access to assignments, links and practice resources.
Additional information and daily updates can be found on the district's COVID-19 Resource Page found here.
Contact Information should you have any questions about assignments or are in need of resources to support your child with the assignments provided by their classroom teachers: you can contact your schools' Inclusion Teacher through the following channels:
- Inclusion Website: https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/domain/1992
-Your schools inclusion teacher via email:
Ms. Paola Gavilanez -Orange Early Childhood Center & Montclair Development Childcare Center
Ms. Maria Adame- Rosa Parks Community School, West Orange Community House, & Norjenes
Ms. Marissa Balzano-Kaplan-Scholars Academy, Oakwood, & Heywood
Contact Email- BalazanMa@orange.k12.nj.us
The Inclusion Team will be available Monday to Friday (except for holidays) to answer any questions you may have. Our virtual office hours are 8:15 p.m. to 3:20 p.m.
We expect family members to assist the preschooler with assignments each day to continue with the learning process. This is important as we do not want children to regress during remote learning. We want them to continue growing and learning while they are home.
- Please be sure to identify a comfortable and quiet space for your child to study/learn.
- Dedicate an appropriate time to learning.
- Check classdojo and our web page for information on assignments and resources on a daily basis.
- Participate in google meet and classdojo with your child's teachers and share photos/videos of your child engaged in the assigned activities.
Other Possible Enhancements - please find additional leaning programs below to further engage your child in the learning process while at home. However, please remember to monitor the amount of time your child is in front of a screen.
- ABC Mouse- Please use the below link for guidance on how to get free access to ABC Mouse and all it has to offer.
- 30 Days Free Broadband from Spectrum for K-12 Households. Please call 844-988-8395 for more information and to sign up.
- Circletime is offering free access to videos of online activities. Use code homefun1 to access free classes. https://circletimefun.com/
- Free Daily Science Activties to do at home http://www.clubscikidzmd.com/blog/
Inclusion Resources and Documents- Please use the below documents and links
Download and Print Materials
Number Cards with Dots for Counting- this can be printed and used when counting and doing math activities. If you cannot print it, grab some paper and cut into sqaures and make the cards using markers or crayons.
Sensory Stations-Movement Activities- Print this 10 station activity and tape the activties up around the house. As you move throughout the house during the day stop at the staions and complete the activties.
Handwriting Fun- This is a document that can be printed and used to help develop writing skills. Children can use markers, crayons, pencils, Q-Tips, Cotton Balls, or any other "writing tools" to trace and follow the different designs.
ABC Fish Printable- This document is a printout of fish with letters on them. You can print them out and use them as a visual support when working on alpahbet activities.
Letter Flashcards with Sign Language- These Alpahbet flash cards provide the letter along with the sign for that letter. It's great to pair language with a sign for child who have difficulty communicating use words.
Online Resources- Below are links to online resources that will encourage learning with your child.
Fine Motor Development