Social and Emotional Learning Parent Webinar: Please click the link below to view the webinar. Don't forget to take the survey at the end.
To access the webinar and view the slide show please follow these steps:
1. Click on this link: Social and Emotional Learning Webinar for Parents
2. Open the Powerpoint Presentation
3. Click "Enable Editing" if this option appears at the top of the presentation.
4. On the top find where it says "Slideshow" and click.
5. Finally click "From Beginning." Then the slide show will begin.
Dear Families and Students,
Welcome to the Extended Learning Resource Page. This page was created to provide students working from home with access to assignments, links, assessments, and practice resources.
Additional information and daily updates can be found on the district’s COVID-19 Resource Page found here.
The PIRS Team will be available Monday to Friday (except for holidays) to answer any questions you may have. Our Virtual Office Hours are: 8:15 to 3:20.
Janice Torres [Email: Torresja@orange.k12.nj.us]
Barbara Berger [Email: email@example.com]
Melissa Strelec [Email: firstname.lastname@example.org]
Should you have any questions about assignments, please contact your child's teacher through classroom dojo or check your child's teacher's webpage.
We expect family members to assist the preschooler with assignments each day to continue the learning process. This is important as we do not want children to regress throughout the school year.
Please be sure to identify a comfortable and quiet space for your child to study/learn.
Dedicate an appropriate time to learning.
Check classdojo for information on assignments and resources on a daily basis. Participate in classdojo with your child's teachers and share photos of your child engaged in the assigned activities.
Please find additional learning programs below to further engage your child in the learning process while at home. However, please remember to monitor the amount of time your child is in front of a screen.
For parent resources, please use the tabs to navigate through our website. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us and check our webpage regularly for updates.
REMINDER: GRAB AND GO MEALS
The District will continue to provide packaged ‘Grab-and-Go’ breakfast and lunch, during all virtual/remote phases at no cost to families, at multiple locations for pick up. The selected locations are
- OECC, located 397 Park Avenue
- Scholars Academy, located at 268 Capuchin Way
- Forest Street School, located 651 Forest Street
- Heywood Avenue School, located at 421 Heywood Avenue
- Lincoln Avenue School, 216 Lincoln Avenue
- Oakwood Avenue School, located at 135 Oakwood Avenue
- Park Avenue School, located at 231 Park Avenue
- Rosa Parks Community School, located at 369 Main Street
Please be advised that all locations will host the breakfast/lunch grab and go program from 7:30 AM until 1:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Students may pick up their meal from any of the locations listed above.
Social distancing as well as the wearing of a mask is required when reporting to all locations. It is important to note, once students receive their breakfast/lunch grab and go bags it is the expectation to return to their respective homes.