Emergency Extended Learning Plan
Science Grades 6-8
Expectations for At Home Instruction in Science
Use results from prior work and assessments to determine
Use guidance from the departments Unit/Module Plans
Digital Content for Instruction
Post access codes for Google Classroom, Class Dojo, and/or Remind to Extended Resources page on the website
6 - 8 Discovery Ed/ STC:
Teacher sets up student accounts in https://cleversso.discoveryeducation.com/learn/home
and www.carolinascienceonline.com and assigns digital content to GC.
Digital Content for Daily Practice
6 - 8:
45 minutes per week of Readorium (3 – 8)
Printed materials are for students who do not have devices and/or internet access.
6 - 8 Discovery Ed /STC:
- Download the Student Workbooks and instructional sheets from www.carolinascienceonline.com
Consider accommodations/modifications outlined within IEPs. Consider access for ELLs. Supply scaffolded options for Tier I, II, and III students.
6 - 8:
- Science themed articles from NEWSELA can be assigned to students.
- Students can use tools which will read the articles to them as they prepare to complete tasks.
- Students can be invited to submit a self-taken video presentation of their assignment in the event writing may not be possible.
- Students can submit written work or compile a portfolio containing artistic impressions for submission to the teacher.
6 - 8:
- Assessments within the www.carolinascienceonline.com
- Platform can be assigned to students
Either through Google Classroom, Class Dojo, or Remind, provide feedback to students on instruction
Grading of assignments/ assessments is to be done periodically in Genesis
Assign additional review lessons based upon student performance as needed