Extended Learning Information and Resources
Dear Families and Students, Welcome to the Extended Learning Resource Page. This page was created to provide students working from home with access to assignments, links and practice resources.
Schools will be closed from Tuesday, March 17 – Friday, March 27. Additional information and daily updates can be found on the district’s COVID-19 Resource Page found at https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/domain/3058.
Minutes per day/per subject
Inclusion Teachers will be available daily to answer any questions you may have. Our virtual Office Hours are as follows:
AM: Monday – Friday-10:00AM – 12:00PM
PM: Monday – Friday-1:00PM – 2:00PM
Contact Information should you have any questions about assignments or are in need of resources to support your child with the assignments provided by their classroom teachers: you can contact your schools Inclusion Teacher through the following channels:
- Inclusion Website: https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/domain/1992
-Your schools inclusion teacher via email:
Ms. Adame- Rosa Parks Community School, West Orange Community House, & Norjenes
Ms. Balzano-Kaplan-Scholars Academy, Oakwood, & Heywood
Contact Email- BalazanMa@orange.k12.nj.us
Ms. Strelec-Forest & MCDC
Contact Email: StreleMe@orange.k12.nj.us
Breakfast and Lunch Information:During this time, the Orange Township Public School District will provide packaged ‘Grab-and-Go’ breakfast and lunch, effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at no cost to families, at multiple locations for pick up. The selected locations are:
Serving times for BOTH breakfast and lunch are organized by last name:A-F: 7:30am – 8:00amG-L: 8:00am – 8:30amM-R: 8:30am – 9:00amS-Z: 9:00am – 9:30am
- Newcomers, located at 123 Cleveland Street
- OECC (includes students from Cleveland Street School), located 397 Park Avenue
- Scholars Academy, located at 268 Capuchin Way
- Forest Street School, located 651 Forest Street
- Heywood Avenue School, located at 421 Heywood Avenue
- Lincoln Avenue School, 216 Lincoln Avenue
- Oakwood Avenue School, located at 135 Oakwood Avenue
- Park Avenue School, located at 231 Park Avenue
- Rosa Parks Community School, located at 369 Main Street
- Orange Preparatory Academy, located at 400 Central Avenue
- Orange High School (includes students from STEM Academy), located at 400 Lincoln Avenue
We expect family members to assist the preschooler with assignments each day to continue to learning process. This is important as we do not want children to regress during these two weeks. They have worked very hard since September and we want them to continue growing and learning while they are home.
- Please be sure to identify a comfortable and quiet space for your child to study/learn.
- Dedicate an appropriate time to learning.
- Check classdojo and our web page for information on assignments and resources on a daily basis.
- Participate in classdojo with your child's teachers and share photos of your child engaged in the assigned activities.
We are not requiring families to return the extended learning packets but we do expect you to engage in the virtual platforms with honesty and integrity.
Other Possible Enhancements - please find additional leaning programs below to further engage your child in the learning process while at home. However, please remember to monitor the amount of time your child is in front of a screen.
- ABC Mouse- Please use the below link for guidance on how to get free access to ABC Mouse and all it has to offer.
- 30 Days Free Broadband from Spectrum for K-12 Households beginning March 16, 2020- Please call 844-988-8395 for more information and to sign up.
- Circletime is offering free access to videos of online activities. Use code homefun1 to access free classes. https://circletimefun.com/
- Free Daily Science Activties to do at home http://www.clubscikidzmd.com/blog/
Inclusion Resources and Documents- Please use the below documents and links
Download and Print Materials
Number Cards with Dots for Counting- this can be printed and used when counting and doing math activities. If you cannot print it, grab some paper and cut into sqaures and make the cards using markers or crayons.
Sensory Stations-Movement Activities- Print this 10 station activity and tape the activties up around the house. As you move throughout the house during the day stop at the staions and complete the activties.
Handwriting Fun- This is a document that can be printed and used to help develop writing skills. Children can use markers, crayons, pencils, Q-Tips, Cotton Balls, or any other "writing tools" to trace and follow the different designs.
ABC Fish Printable- This document is a printout of fish with letters on them. You can print them out and use them as a visual support when working on alpahbet activities.
Letter Flashcards with Sign Language- These Alpahbet flash cards provide the letter along with the sign for that letter. It's great to pair language with a sign for child who have difficulty communicating use words.
Online Resources- Below are links to online resources that will encourage learning with your child.
Fine Motor Development