Welcome to Mr. Popp's Class!
8th Grade English/Language Arts
Orange Preparatory Academy
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:30-11:30 am and 1:00-3:00 pm
Extended Learning Resources
- Dear Students and Families, Welcome to my Extended Learning Resources page. This page was created to provide students working from home with access to assignments, links, assessments, and practice resources. Schools will be closed from Tuesday, March 17 through Friday, March 27. Additional information and daily updates can be found on the district’s COVID-19 Resource Page, located at https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/domain/3058.
- I will be available every weekday to answer any questions you may have. My virtual office hours are as follows:
- Morning: Monday - Friday, 9:30 am - 11:30 am.
- Afternoon: Monday - Friday, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm.
- Should you have questions about assignments, you can contact me through Google Classroom (all students are enrolled); Remind (class code is on Classroom); or my school email address above.
- All assignments will be provided to you in Google Classroom and Clever (see link above) by 9:30 each weekday morning, unless noted otherwise. All assignments will include due dates. You are responsible for completing assignments by their due dates; if you do not, I reserve the right to take off ten points for each day late.
- Grades for these assignments will be updated in Genesis just as they would if our class were meeting in person at school. Doing well on the assignments will greatly help your third quarter grade; failing to complete them will result in your grade dropping significantly.
- This is a new process for all of us. Please be patient with yourself, your family, your classmates, and myself and your other teachers. If we hit bumps in the road, we will sort them out together.
- Please note: lessons are differentiated through Reading Plus and as assigned through Classroom. Differentiation is based on student needs and assessment.
- Parents and guardians: please feel free to email me with any questions about Google Classroom, including parent/guardian access, or any of the above information.