Welcome to Mr. Popp's Class!
8th Grade English/Language Arts
Orange Preparatory Academy
Parent-Teacher Conferences for Marking Period 2:
Wednesday, February 10, 1:15 - 4:00 pm
Thursday, February 11, 5:30 - 7:30 pm
Please contact me via email or Remind (both below) to set up a ten-minute conference.
Once we've confirmed the appointment, I will send you the Zoom link.
I'm looking forward to our conversations!
Periods 1&2 Remind code: text @popp12 to 81010
Periods 5&6 Remind code: text @popp56 to 81010
Periods 7&8 Remind code: text @popp78 to 81010
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Extended Learning Resources
- Dear Students and Families, Welcome to my Extended Learning Resources page. This page was created to provide students working from home with access to assignments, links, assessments, and practice resources. Under Orange's 2020-21 Reopening Plan, we will be working together online only until further notice. Additional information and daily updates can be found on the district’s COVID-19 Resource Page, located at https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/domain/3058.
- Google Classroom and Remind codes:
- Periods 1&2 Google Classroom code (clickable link): vkhs66z
- Periods 1&2 Remind code: text @popp12 to 81010
- Periods 5&6 Google Classroom code (clickable link): siinot2
- Periods 5&6 Remind code: text @popp56 to 81010
- Periods 7&8 Google Classroom code (clickable link): chrbpmc
- Periods 7&8 Remind code: text @popp78 to 81010
- I will be available every weekday to answer any questions you may have. My virtual office hours are as follows:
- Monday - Friday, 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm.
- Should you have questions about assignments, you can contact me through Classroom, Remind, or my school email address above.
- COVID-19 Resources, including social-emotional resources: English, Haitian Creole, Spanish
- OPA Student Handbook
- Phase One and Phase Two Schedule
- All assignments will be provided to you in Google Classroom each weekday, unless noted otherwise. All assignments will include due dates. You are responsible for completing assignments by their due dates; if you do not, I reserve the right to take off ten points for each day late.
- Grades for these assignments will be updated in Genesis just as they would if our class were meeting in person at school.
- This is a new process for all of us. Please be patient with yourself, your family, your classmates, and myself and your other teachers. If we hit bumps in the road, we will sort them out together.
- Please note: lessons are differentiated through Reading Plus and as assigned through Classroom. Differentiation is based on student needs and assessment.
- Parents and guardians: please feel free to email me with any questions about Google Classroom and/or Remind, including parent/guardian access, or any of the above information.