Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to the Extended Learning Resource Page. This page was created to provide students working from home with access to assignments, links, assessments, and practice resources. Additional information and daily updates can be found on the district’s COVID-19 Resource Page found at https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/domain/3058.
I will be available daily to answer any questions you may have. My virtual Office Hours are as follows:
PM, Monday – Friday: 1:00PM – 3:15PM
Should you have any questions about assignments, you can contact me through the following channels:
See Mr. DPeterson/ Ms. Saint-Louis class 81010@d398c7
For period 3 and 8 please
Text 81010 @science8sa
Access to Assignments
Below are the links and codes to my Google Classrooms. Assignments will be posted by 9AM each day, M – F. Each assignment contains a due date. Please note, parents will be contacted if students are not completing assignments.
Saint-Louis Period 3 class hajm7fg
Saint-Louis/Peterson Period 4 class hyhbcje
Saint-Louis/Peterson Period 5 class aabbg2s
Saint-Louis/Peterson Period 6 class ingvdbn
Saint-Louis/Peterson Period 7 class ybxghgf
Saint-Louis/Morris Period 8 class mngvbr4
General Student Expectations
Student responsibilities in completing the assignments include:
- Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
- Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
- Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses,
assignments, and resources, on a daily basis
- Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
- Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates
Other Possible Enhancements
- Web art
- Extended Resources
- Daily Do Nows
- Daily Challenges!
It is a great expecttion that students be diligent in completeing assginments that are uploaded into Google Glassroom and on the School Wires Web Page.
- Readorium - There are assigned Readorium assignments to be completed. All 7 chapters of each bood are to be completed. Students are at liberty to complete all past assgiments or books of interest. Students will get credit for completing the assigned books.
- Discovery Education - Assignments are given in sequential order. It is expected that assignments are done in order to be meaningful and for scaffolding methodology. Assignments will cover a particular theme such as e.g. Earth Science - Plate Tectonics - Rock Cycle.
- Projects and Essays - Projects and Essays are considered Authentic Assesessments. Instructions are lprovided for clear insturctions. They are to follow the instructions and submit when completed.
- Assessments - Quizzes, Tests, and Claim/Evidence/Reasoning assigments will be given periodically after assigments are completed within a selected amount of time.
- There are due dates on every assigment. Students will be graded in a timely fashion, Incomplete work will be penalized. Grading will be according to what has been stipulated in the Syllabus.