School year 2022-2023 will be guided by:
The Four Pillars of Community Schools
- Integrated Supports
Work collaboratively with Principal and Administration Team ,School Social Worker, and Guidance Counselor
- Expanded and Enriched Learning Time
Support our Afterschool Tutorial Programs, and other Activities.
- Active Family & Community Engagement
Parental information is available through our Parent Teachers Student Organization, District Parent & Student Council.
Capitalizes on the community resources available within and surrounding our school community.
- Collaborative Leadership
Be an active participant with our School Leadership Team (SLT).
Attendance Team, and Intervention & Referral Services (I&RS)
Core Elements of a Successful Community School 2019
The Community School Coordinator is the key connector in the developmental triangle between home, school, and community. The CSC ensures that programs, services, and supports are aligned, coordinated, and integrated with the core instructional program in order to avoid duplication or fragmentation of services and supports.
As the School Family Liaison, I'm here to:
- Refer individuals and families to external resources and services
- Implement and facilitate weekly, monthly and annual students/career programs, family engagement and Community initiatives (Parent/Teacher Conferences, Family Fun nights, Orientations etc.)
- Host a PTSO network for parents , teacher and students of the OPA community.
- Ensure that the community is aware of all events and resources available
Social Emotional Learning
Many young people and adults across the country are experiencing heightened levels of fear, anxiety, sadness, and isolation during these uncertain times of school closings, social distancing and COVID-19 concerns.
Rising to the challenge, educators, youth development professionals, childcare providers, family members, and others are finding ways to help young people stay connected, reduce fears and anxieties, and continue to develop social and emotional skills they need for navigating current and future life challenges.