Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to the Extended Learning Resource Page. This page was created to provide students working from home with access to assignments, links, assessments, and practice resources. Schools will be closed from Tuesday, March 17 – Friday, March 27. Additional information and daily updates can be found on the district’s COVID-19 Resource Page found at https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/domain/3058.
I will be available daily to answer any questions you may have. My virtual Office Hours are as follows:
Monday – Friday: 9:00AM – 11:00AM
Monday – Friday: 1:00PM – 3:00PM
Should you have any questions about assignments, you can contact me through the following channels:
Period 1/2: @2h6af3
Period 3/4: @c2fge9
Period 5/6: @hegd9b
Below are the links and codes to my Google Classrooms. Assignments will be posted by 9AM each day, M – F. Each assignment contains a due date. Please note, parents will be contacted if students are not completing assignments.
Student responsibilities in completing the assignments include:
- Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
- Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
- Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis
- Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
- Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates
Distance Learning Expections/Criteria:
I will send a warm up question through the remind app every morning just to check in with everyone. Reply to the warm up on remind then you can go to google classroom.
I must post attendance in gensis by 4pm. If I do not hear from you on remind or I see that you still have not started the assistment questions before 4, you will be marked absent for the day. Additionally, if you select "show answer" for all the assistment questions you will NOT receive credit (I can see you). Watch the video(s), take notes if you need to, and try the questions. Message me on remind if you need help.
Log on to Google Classroom and complete the daily posted assigments by the assigned due date.
These grades will be added into Genesis as a regular part of your classroom grade. (classwork, quiz, authentic, etc...)
- If you do not complete the assignments, no credit will be given and your grade will drop significantly for the 3rd marking period.
- Assignments will be announced through REMIND and also GOOGLE CLASSROOM! It is your responsibility to check these sites daily in order to stay on top of your learning. No excuses!
You are also expected to continue your i-Ready assigments. A new, teacher assigned i-Ready will be made available every Monday and is due by that Friday. If you do not already have 30 i-Ready lessons completed, continue your regular lessons as well. Log onto i-Ready through Clever
You should be spending at least 30 minutes per day on math between Google Classroom and i-Ready