Kindergarden Inclusion Teacher
Orange Public School
Follow us on twitter @foreststreet651
Emergency At-Home Instruction Plans
9am - 11am
1pm - 3pm
To join the video meeting, click this link:Resource Consultation
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 361-247-0064 and enter this PIN: 381 842 935#
Parent please let me know if you need any help here.
Flexible Schedule This is a link to view a suggested schedule
Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to our Extended Learning Resource Page. This page was created to provide students working from home access to assignments. An adult or older sibling will need to help students read instructions and information. Schools will be closed until the end of the school year June 2020. Additional information and daily updates can be found on the district's COVID-19 Resource Page.
As I learn to teach 'long distance', I will be adding videos and opportunities for students to share information via video. Although this is a very different way for all of us to learn, I know that together we will do it! I look forward to learning new things and making my neurons fatter!
Please note that Forest Street Community School is a ‘Grab-and-Go’ site for breakfast and lunch. Serving times for BOTH breakfast and lunch are organized by last name:
o A-F: 7:30am – 8:00am
o G-L: 8:00am – 8:30am
o M-R: 8:30am – 9:00am
o S-Z: 9:00am – 9:30am
PLEASE TAKE A PICTURE OF COMPLETED WORK AND SEND IT IN THE PORTFOLIO OR A PRIVATE MESSAGE ON CLASS DOJO BY THE END OF EACH DAY.
Assignments for Wednesday June 3, 2020
Vocabulary: patient, traditions, country, heritage
HF Words: do, down, went, when, time
How My Family Lives in America - Day 5
Assignment: Write and draw to answer the question:
What does Sanu’s American grandmother teach her?
Post your answer on Class Dojo.
Go on iRead for 15 minutes.
Math - Lesson 15
- Watch the following lesson video: https://youtu.be/8utVqAu3F_E
- Problem Set: Using formative, complete the page(s) for Lesson 16. https://tinyurl.com/y9ot9wg6
3. Exit Ticket: Count from 81 to 87. Write down the numbers
4. Take a picture of your work or make a video. Then submit to Class Dojo portfolio or message.
5.Go on iReady for 10 minutes.
Science: Investigation 3 Part 3
Topic Question: How are redworms and night crawlers different? How are they the same?
Task: Draw, label and write to compare and contrast redworms and night crawlers. Use at least two vocabulary words to help respond to the topic question.
Vocabulary Words: bristle, night crawler, smooth
Think and Discuss: • Do all the worms look the same? How are they different? • Do you think they have the same number of segments? • Do they move the same way? • Are their bodies shaped the same way? • Do you think they are all the same kind of worms? Why or why not? • Do these worms have any stiff hairs (bristles) on the large worms?
Submit: Your task is due by Friday, June 5th. Please submit a photo or video response to Dojo.
Videos to Watch: *How to catch nightcrawlers *The Difference Between Earthworms and Nightcrawlers *Worms are Wonderful *Worms - Invertebrate animals for kids - Natural Science for kids *Worms For Kids
Save please. This will be used in a future lesson.
**POST USERNAME AND PASSWORD THROUGH DOJO ONLY..not webpage!** This is a common account I created for all kindergarten students.
FOSS Web Student Access:
Student responsibilities in completing the assignments include:
- Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
- Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
- Checking appropriate Google Classrooms for information on classes, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis.
- Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
- Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Turning in and submitting all assignments in following timelines and/or due dates
Translate Class Dojo into another language
Module 5 Worksheets Watch the video each day before you complete the worksheets.