Ms. Sarah Hanson, Kindergarten Teacher
Follow us on twitter @foreststreet651
Monday-Friday Office Hours
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Flexible Schedule This is a link to view a suggested schedule
PLEASE TAKE A PICTURE OF COMPLETED WORK AND SEND IT IN THE PORTFOLIO OR A PRIVATE MESSAGE ON CLASS DOJO BY THE END OF EACH DAY.
Math Tips for Parents - Module 5. Parent Tip Sheet - Module 5
Assignments for Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Vocabulary: patient, traditions, country, heritage
HF Words: do, down, went, when, time
How My Family Lives in America - Day 4
Today’s lesson video: https://youtu.be/dsGhilhRI-c
Assignment: Write and draw to answer the question:
When Sanu visited her family in Senegal, what did she learn?
Post your answer on Class Dojo.
Go on iRead for 15 minutes.
Math Lesson 15
- Watch the following lesson video: https://youtu.be/25VwrpPSMlE
- Problem Set: Using formative, complete the page(s) for Lesson 15. https://tinyurl.com/y9ot9wg6 Worksheets: Lesson 15
- Free Online Rekenrek: http://www.didax.com/apps/100-bead-rekenrek/
- Exit Ticket: Count by tens to 100 the say ten way. Write down the numbers in a list format. Ten, 2 Tens...
- Take a picture of your work or make a video. Then submit to Class Dojo portfolio or message.
- Go on iReady for 10 minutes.
Science: Investigation 3 Part 3
Topic Question: How are redworms and night crawlers different? How are they the same?
Task: Draw, label and write to compare and contrast redworms and night crawlers. Use at least two vocabulary words to help respond to the topic question.
Vocabulary Words: bristle, night crawler, smooth
Think and Discuss: • Do all the worms look the same? How are they different? • Do you think they have the same number of segments? • Do they move the same way? • Are their bodies shaped the same way? • Do you think they are all the same kind of worms? Why or why not? • Do these worms have any stiff hairs (bristles) on the large worms?
Submit: Your task is due by Friday, June 5th. Please submit a photo or video response to Dojo.
Videos to Watch: *How to catch nightcrawlers *The Difference Between Earthworms and Nightcrawlers *Worms are Wonderful *Worms - Invertebrate animals for kids - Natural Science for kids *Worms For Kids
Student responsibilities in completing the assignments include:
- Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
- Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
- Checking appropriate Google Classrooms for information on classes, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis.
- Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
- Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Turning in and submitting all assignments in following timelines and/or due dates
Translate Class Dojo into another language
Module 5 Worksheets Watch the video each day before you complete the worksheets.