Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
Below are the links and codes to my Google Classrooms. Assignments will be posted by 9:30 AM each day, M – F.
10:00 am - 12:00 am
12:30 pm- 2:30 pm
Google classroom code Art 4th Grade: x3gzyjh
Google classroom code Art 5th Grade: r3pcd6g
Google classroom code Art 6th Grade: wfpaq7w
Google classroom code Art 7th Grade: uyim6gy
Student responsibilities in completing the assignments include:
-Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by Mrs. Chavarria
-Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources daily -
-Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by Mrs. Chavarria. See office hours
-Engaging in virtual platforms with academic honesty and integrity
-Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates.
Kindergarten to Second Grade: Use the Extended Learning link:
I will be posting the art activity on my website under the “extended learning” link.
PLEASE be sure to check our "Class Story" on DOJO. Pictures of your child's work can be posted in a private message to my email. Also, keep all the works in a paper folder to bring in when we return to school. THANK YOU!
WELCOME TO THE LINCOLN AVENUE SCHOOL VISUAL ARTS PROGRAM!
The goals for this school year are set by New Jersey Department of Education Standards and the Orange Public Schools Curriculum, which includes drawing, painting, sculpture, pottery, two- and three- dimensional art, mural project, knitting, art history and art from various cultures. We ask parents to take the time to reinforce art skills at home and support students by attending the Art Exhibits and Performing Arts Events. If you would like to volunteer to hang up artwork, help with preparations for art shows, projects in class or community projects, please contact the office.
WHAT IS HAPPENING THIS YEAR?
- CURRICULUM: We look forward to a productive and exciting year. We foster a safe, positive and productive environment for the students so that they can express their thoughts, ideas, creativity, and feelings through the arts. Art is used across the curriculum, incorporating Math, Science, Art History, Language Arts, and Social Studies. Students will explore the world around them, learn the elements of design and principles of art, and learn to critique and use various art tools, media, and techniques.
- MATERIALS: Please provide pencils, an eraser, sharpener, ruler, folder, sketchbook,and a black sharpie for the art class. Please remind students to bring a pencil and sketchbook to art class. They can also bring their personal markers, crayons or colored pencils if desired. Also, some art projects are messy; you may want to send an old t-shirt or smocks with your child to wear in the art class. Tag with his/her name and grade.
- RECYCLED MATERIALS: If you have any old newspapers, magazines, old picture frames, plastic bottles, poster boards or any art materials at home, please feel free to donate them to the visual arts department for student art projects.
- GRADING: Students are graded on a 4-Point Rubric, based on effort, following directions, organization, working in groups, clean up after work, participation, tests, and completion of art projects.
(4=Proficient, 3=Approaching Proficiency, 2=Satisfactory, 1=Needs Improvement)
- UPCOMING VISUAL&PERFORMING ART EVENTS:
Lincoln Art Exhibit at the Board of Education Lobby,
Latin American Art Exhibit (Hispanic Heritage Celebration).
Winter Art Exhibit &Winter Concert at Lincoln Ave School.
Livingston Mall. PRIDE Art Show, Winter
African & African American Art Exhibit (Black History Month Celebration
Lincoln Spring Art Show &Spring Concert,
Thank you for your time and participation. We look forward to a productive and creative school year.
Please feel free to contact us!
Mrs. Monica Chavarria
Art Teacher - Room C302