ART CLASS - MARKING PERIOD 1: (September-November 2020)
Office Hours: Monday -Friday 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Intervention on Google Classroom Meets: https://meet.google.com/xrq-mvkc-qbx
Please stay in your Google Classroom, Below are the links and codes to my Google Classrooms:
Google classroom code Art K (Mr. Garcia): 4oa72iw
Google classroom code Art 2nd Grade (Ms. Torrenegra /Stack): rvelxb4
Google classroom code Art 2nd Grade (Ms. Gabella): mozgyip
Google classroom code Art 2nd Grade ( Cushing): 3wtalen
Google classroom code Art 3rd Grade (Hazzard): yluu2ma
Google classroom code Art 4th Grade (Ms. Sikdar/ St Thomas): cbyroe7
Google classroom code Art 5th Grade (Heerema) : vie25qq
Google classroom code Art 5th Grade (Cruz/ Young): 2iinnx7
Google classroom code Art 7th Grade (Mr. Jean Baptiste / Goyes): ynhf5ph
-Student responsibilities in completing the assignments include:
-Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by Mrs. Chavarria
-Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses,
assignments, and resources daily.
-Attending and participating in all virtual classes
-Engaging in virtual platforms with academic honesty and integrity, and
according to the District's Acceptable Use Policy
-Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn/create!
-Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates.
Each week my students will work on an art project that will require them to apply the elements of art according to the art curriculum. Please post your assignment on Google Classroom. or send me your work at Chavarmo@orange.k12.nj.us
LINCOLN AVENUE SCHOOL VISUAL ARTS PROGRAM!
The goals for this school year are set by the New Jersey Department of Education Standards and the Orange Public Schools Curriculum, which includes drawing, painting, sculpture, pottery, two- and three- dimensional art, mural project, knitting, art history, and art from various cultures. We ask parents to take the time to reinforce art skills at home and support students by attending the Art Exhibits and Performing Arts Events. If you would like to volunteer to hang up artwork, help with preparations for art shows, projects in class, or community projects, please contact the office.
- CURRICULUM: We look forward to a productive and exciting year. We foster a safe, positive, and productive environment for the students so that they can express their thoughts, ideas, creativity, and feelings through the arts. Art is used across the curriculum, incorporating Math, Science, Art History, Language Arts, and Social Studies. Students will explore the world around them, learn the elements of design and principles of art, and learn to critique and use various art tools, media, and techniques.
2. MATERIALS: Please provide pencils, an eraser, sharpener, ruler, folder, sketchbook, and a black sharpie for the art class. Please remind students to have a pencil and sketchbook for the art class.
Set up a comfortable space in your home for the virtual class at the beginning of the day. The student needs to be ready for my art class before.
3. RECYCLED MATERIALS: If you have any old newspapers, magazines, old picture frames, plastic bottles, poster boards, or any art materials at home, please start to collect them for future art projects.
4. GRADING: Students are graded on a 4-Point Rubric, based on effort, following directions, organization, working in groups, clean up after work, participation, tests, and completion of art projects.
(4=Proficient, 3=Approaching Proficiency, 2=Satisfactory, 1=Needs Improvement). Also, their behavior online is fundamental for the success of their artistic and personal goals
5. UPCOMING VISUAL&PERFORMING ART EVENTS: We will have an online display of my students' artwork.
Thank you for your time and participation. We look forward to a productive and creative school year.
Please feel free to contact us!
Mrs. Monica Chavarria
Art Teacher - Room C302