Dear Parents and Students,
For the Week of April 6th, school buildings will remain closed; however, distance learning will continue. On Friday, April 10th, the District will be closed in observance of Good Friday, per the previously approved calendar, and spring break will begin on Monday, April 13th and conclude on April 17th. Distance Learning will not be in effect from April 10th through April 17th. We will continue to update all families and staff in a timely fashion. Thank you for your continued support of the Orange Township Public School District. Always remember, we are in this together.
Dr. Gerald Fitzhugh
Superintendent of Schools
Additional information and daily updates can be found on the district’s COVID-19 Resource Page found at https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/domain/3058.
I will be available daily to answer any questions you may have. My virtual Office Hours are as follows:
AM, Monday – Friday: 9:00AM – 11:00AM
PM, Monday – Friday: 1:00PM – 3:00PM
Should you have any questions about assignments, you can contact me through:
Packets were sent home for ELA and Math. Please complete 1 sheet each day. Assignments are also in Raz-kids and Dreambox Math.
Below are the links and codes to my Google Classrooms. Students will find their assignments posted there. Please note, parents will be contacted if students are not completing assignments.
Directions to join Google Classroom:
1. log into google using your username and password
2. click on the small dots (shaped like a square) on the top right hand of the page
3. click on the + button to join class if teacher's name is not there
4. put in the classroom code to enter class.
3rd Grade ELA Ms. Connor/Ms. Rowe
Google Classroom Code 34qndcr
4th Grade ELA Mrs Miranda/Ms. Rowe
Google Classroom Code 4ndwkzb
4th Grade Math Mrs. Bligen/Ms. Rowe
Google Classroom Code f6e4hxm
5th Grade ELA Ms. Parchment/Ms. Rowe
Google Classroom Code 5oiels6
Technology Resources-Click on the link to take you to the websites.
Log in to Clever to Access Iready and Brain pop ESL
To Access Dreambox Math-Click on the following link
Rosetta Stone ** You can also go to the app store and download Rosetta Stone
Raz-Kids-** You can also go to the app store and download Ras-Kids
Student responsibilities in completing the assignments include:
- Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
- Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
- Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms and DOJO for information on assignments, and resources, on a daily basis
- Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
- Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates