Why should I join the Heywood Avenue School PTA?The number one reason to join the Parents teacher Association is to help your child. And also help you’re your school. There are also many advantages. Here are a few:
- Get connected. There’s no better way to know what is happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents and students.
- Tap into a network. Parenting is not easy- it helps to share ideas, concerns, and experiences with other parents and educators in the school community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and partners with teacher, building rapport and discussing issues that are beneficial to all.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your school and PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use and for a great cause.
- Speak Up. Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest changes at Heywood Avenue.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at Heywood you’ll be part of the solution, helping to make positive changes. Heywood Ave plays an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum based programs and social events, all vital to the school’s success.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member. You’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on their education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local unit can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
For less than 2 cents a day, you can become a PTA member joining more than 5 million other parents who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone-parents, educators, students and other community members active in their school and community-are invited to join our school’ not-for-profit organization. You’re Heywood PTA.