Grade 7 Overview
Unit 1: Our Colonial Heritage
- How do cultures differ from one another?
- How does life change over time?
- How do experiences shape political and social ideals?
Unit 2: The American Revolution and The New Nation
- What course of action does a nation need to take to gain independence?
- How do events and ideas affect the creation of an official written document?
- How do the ideas of an official written document affect people’s lives?
- What types of events strengthen a nation over time?
Unit 3: The American Revolution and The New Nation
- What impact does a leader have on their own nation?
- How does industrialization change the area that it develops in?
- How does geography affect the way people live?
- How does a nation handle difficulties as they develop within the nation?
Unit 4: The New Nation and The Nation Breaks Apart
- What effect does the issue of slavery have on politics?
- What may be the causes for a nation to break apart?
- How does internal conflict change a nation?
- How does a nation recover from internal conflict?
- How do race relations impact a global society?