District and School Vision and Mission Statements
"The Orange Public School District commits to providing a safe and caring environment where each student is expected to grow and succeed. We pledge to prepare all students with equitable opportunities for college and career readiness, leading to lifelong learning and responsible citizenship in a competitive global community."
- The Orange Public School District, in collaboration with all stakeholders, is responsible for promoting the academic, social, emotional and personal success of all students.
- With a commitment to academic excellence, the district provides teachers, families, and administrators the tools needed for all students to reach their full potential.
- The district serves all students in our schools, acknowledging their unique backgrounds, cultural perspectives and learning styles.
- The district recognizes that curiosity, discipline, integrity, responsibility, and respect are necessary for success.
- The Orange Public School District cultivates a community of 21st-century learners where students take ownership of the learning process, achieve high standards of excellence, and focus on academics.
JRLECC Vision and Mission Statements
The Vision of the John Robert Lewis Early Childhood Center (JRLECC) is to develop superstar scholars who are kind, respectful, self-assured, and lifelong learners. Our scholars will have the skills needed to be confident in their abilities to work towards equitable opportunities for all. It all starts here!
The Mission of the JRLECC is to develop the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of young children. Our goal is to maximize growth through the implementation of a high-quality research-based curriculum and the NJ Preschool Teaching and Learning Standards. Through supportive and nurturing relationships, and a caring and safe learning environment, our scholars will thrive in reaching their individual milestones. Through play, they will engage in developmentally appropriate and rigorous academic challenges. Our teachers will provide quality experiences and inclusive practices while supporting social skills that will prepare our scholars for a life of success. We are intentional about celebrating diversity and cultures of our scholars by ensuring culturally responsive practices and by partnering with our families and community to strengthen a home/school connection. It is our mission to build a stronger tomorrow, today.