Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to the Extended Learning Resource Page. This page was created to provide students working from home with access to assignments, links, assessments, and practice resources. Schools will be closed from Tuesday, March 17 – Friday, March 27. Additional information and daily updates can be found on the district’s COVID-19 Resource Page found at https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/domain/3058.
Extended Learning Resources
I will be available daily to answer any questions you may have. My virtual Office Hours are as follows:
Find my availability by clicking HERE!
Should you have any questions about assignments, you can contact me through the following channels:
Twitter, Email, Class Dojo, or Google Classroom**
**I do not receive notifications for comments left on Google Classroom. If you have questions on an assignment,
the fastest way to get an answer is to message me on ClassDojo or email me!
Twitter : @DormannKate
Class Dojo Instructions* *Email me for your unique classdojo password
Scholars 5th Grade Extended Learning Classroom Class code: lvkdcsg
Scholars 4th Grade Extended Learning Classroom Class code: gtfx45v
Scholars 3th Grade Extended Learning Classroom Class code: o4zkvxp
All assignments will be on Flip grid. Click here --> Flipgrid*
*use password : science!
Click the drop down menu where it says "# Topics" for additional Flipgrids or find them all on Google classroom
Want to hear a story?
and use the password: " science! "
Here is a link for virtual field trips you can do at home: Click Here!
On Facebook follow Atlantic White Shark Conservancy and tune in every morning at 10am for a
read aloud and Q&A with Shark Experts!: https://www.facebook.com/atlanticwhiteshark/
Headsprout is an online K-5 reading program that adapts to the needs of each student. It is self-paced. They are currently offering a free subcription through the end of the school year. https://www.headsprout.com/
Twelve Museums are offering virtual tours! Experience the best museums from London to Seoul in the comfort of your own home.: Click Here
Student responsibilities in completing the assignments include:
- Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
- Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
- Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis
- Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
- Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates