- Twilight Program
Genesis Parent Portal
- Parent Portal Access - This link will take you to the log in screen for the Parent Portal
Parent Portal Application - Click here to download and print the Parent Portal Application
- Parent Access Guide - Click here to access the guide book to the Parent Portal
If you have any questions or concerns please email
Ms. Holmes, Administrative Secretary
- Marking Period, Exam and Final Grades
- Interim Progress Reports and Report Cards
- Attendance to school and class attendance
- Teacher Gradebook Assignments and Grades
- Discipline Records
- Letters sent to you regarding your child: General Purpose; Attendance; Discipline; Scheduling; Fines/Fees
- Review and edit Contact Information (email, phone numbers, emergency contacts)
- Go to the Grades link that can be found on the District Home Page and each School’s Home Page or use the following link: Genesis
- Enter your Email Address in the USER NAME field.
- Enter your password in the PASSWORD field.
- Click the LOGIN button.
Logging Out of Genesis
Parent Portal Quick Overview
The Genesis Parents Module is a safe, secure way to view your child‟s school record for the current school year. You will have access to the following information:
- Your child or children‟s Schedule
- Your child or children‟s Interims
- Your child or children‟s Report Cards
- Your child or children‟s attendance records
Logging into the Parent Portal is very simple:
- Go to the Parent Access URL - You can access this link from the Orange School District home page.
- Enter your Email Address in the “Username‟ field.
- Enter your Parent Access password in the “Password‟ field.
- Click the “Login‟ button
LOGGING IN FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME: The very first time you login you will be required to change your password.
Switching From English To Spanish
There is a “Cambiar el idioma a espanol” button at the lower left corner of every screen. To switch to Spanish, click this button. It then changes the language of the Parent module to Spanish. The button itself changes to “Change Language To English.”. Click this to return to English.
Student Summary Dashboard Screen
When you login to Genesis Parent Access the first screen you see is Parent Access “Home”. This is the Student Dashboard screen. You will see a “dashboard‟ for every student linked to your login. Each student‟s “dashboard‟ contains the following information:
- Basic information about the student: student id, homeroom, grade, age. If you are viewing the screen during the school day, you will also see information about the class your student is in “right now‟: current class, current teacher and current room.
- Your student‟s schedule. The class the student is in “right now‟ is highlighted in green. You can click on the PDF icon to print the schedule.
Attendance Daily Attendance
This is your student‟s Daily and Class Attendance summary for the whole school year.
- The Attendance Calendar with each day color coded
- A summary of the student‟s Attendance for the year
- The “Legend‟ of Attendance codes.
- Attendance Color Codes
The Grading screen gives you access to your student‟s Interims or Report Cards. Viewing your Child‟s Most Recent Interim or Report Card If you are able to view your child‟s actual report card, a “Please click here to view” message will appear between your child‟s name and the form: If this message appears, click it to view the actual interim displayed in a PDF.
A list of Courses with Assignments by Day of the Current WeekThis screen lists all courses y - our child is currently taking.
Marking Period Averages for the Courses - The “Avg” column shows you your child’s current Marking Period average – for the current or a previous Marking Period.
Viewing all Assignments for One Course - To see all of the Assignments for one course, click on the highlighted course name. That will take you to the “One Course/All Assignments” screen.
Gradebook Week Summary
This shows you a snapshot of all Assignments that are due for the selected week. You may do the following:
- Select a different week by clicking in the “Week of” field.
- See all the Assignments for one course by clicking on the highlighted name of a course in the list.