9:00 AM - 12:00 PM 2nd Annual Breakfast with Santa Claus
12:00 PM - 3:00 PM Winter Wonderland - OHS Class of 2016
“Building the Future…..One Child at a Time”
397 Park Avenue
973-677-4000 ext. 1920 or 1903
Orange Early Childhood Center
It is the intent of the Early Childhood Department to provide a quality educational opportunity for all children ages three and four living in the City of Orange. Our goal is to maximize their individual cognitive, physical, and social/emotional potential by utilizing a developmentally appropriate approach to learning that is supported by a comprehensive research-based curriculum and the NJ Preschool Teaching and Learning Standards.
· All children will have an equal opportunity to develop personally (i.e. culturally and linguistically) through a quality preschool educational experience
· All children will be provided with a quality educational environment that promotes his/her cognitive, social, and emotional growth
· All children come to school with a special gift and something to offer; it is the responsibility of caring adults to accept, acknowledge and support them while nurturing their gifts in a warm and respectful quality learning environment
· A developmental approach to preschool education supported by a comprehensive research-based curriculum provides educational opportunities that allow for success in life
· Effective preschool programs have an effect not only on the preschooler but on the community as well. It has the potential to positively alter the lives of families and the community at large
We will be collecting men's hats, gloves, and socks for the men who attend meals at the soup kitchen at Our Lady of the Valley Church. The Early Childhood Department has been doing this for several years now and the people at the soup kitchen look forward to our donation. They use our contributions as holiday gifts for the men. The people running the soup kitchen are all volunteers and they are there everyday cooking and serving meals. (Some of the volunteers are retired teachers!) Many of the men who go there for meals are homeless. A pair of warm socks, or gloves, or a hat is a much appreciated gift.
December 23rd, early dismissal 12:30 pm
December 24, - January 2, 2015, the district will be closed