Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to the Extended Learning Resource Page. This page was created to provide students working from home with access to assignments, links, assessments, and practice resources. Schools will be closed from Tuesday, March 17th – until further notice. Additional information and daily updates can be found on the district’s COVID-19 Resource Page found at https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/domain/3058.
Should you have any questions about assignments, you can contact me through the following channels:
Email to share Google Docs: email@example.com
Remind Codes for Classes Below
Class Phone Number
Period 4 Honors Global Studies
In order for students to maintain that high level of learning they would receive as if they were in the classroom. It is expected and mandatory that students log in to their respective Google Classroom and complete the assigned assignments.
- Daily assignments will be used to verify attendance for that day.
- Student's will not be marked present by just logging in to Google Classroom.
- Students must complete the daily assignment by 4 PM to be marked present.
- In regards to excessive absences, which means students have not logged in or completed any assignments, students will receive zero credit for the assignment and parents will be notified.
Google Classroom Access Codes
Below are the codes to my Google Classrooms. Assignments will be posted every day. Each assignment contains a due date. Please note, parents will be contacted if students are not completing assignments.
- Period 2-5ncuwkd
- Period 3-ivn6xuk
- Period 4 Honors Global Studies-s2tx44q
- Period 5- f4ridzf
- Period 7-u5xwgnh
- Period 8-46fg4uv
Distance Learning Grading Policy
To adhere to district guidelines all students will be required to log in to Google Classroom. Assignments and supplemental materials will also be required to be completed by the posted deadline. All assignments will be graded and have the percentage value as dictated by the Board of Education’s grading policy. To ensure that students are participating in the lessons and activities, students will be graded daily on their Do Now and Exit Ticket activities. Assignments in Google Classroom will be listed and graded as the following:
- Homework 10%
- Classwork 20%
- Quizzes 20%
- Tests 25%
- Authentic Assessment 25%
Google Meet (Video-Conferencing) Schedule
*Must be in Google Classroom to the receive video invite*
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Period 2-10:00 A.M.
- Period 3-10:30 A.M.
- Period 4-11:30 A.M. & 2:30 P.M.
- Period 5-2:00 P.M.
- Period 7-1:30 P.M.
- Period 8-11:00 A.M.
General Student Expectations
Student responsibilities in completing the assignments include:
- Signing in and completing the assignments and participating in class discussions. This is vital as this will be used for daily attendance.
- Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn.
- Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers.
- Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms, Remind, emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis.
- Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers.
- Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy.
- Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates.