Welcome to Ms. Sequeira's 8th grade Honors ELA page!
Office Hours: 1:15-3:15
Dear Parents and Students, Welcome to the Extended Learning Resource Page. This page was created to provide students working from home with access to assignments, links, assessments, and practice resources. Schools will be completely virtual from September 8 – November 25. Additional information and daily updates can be found on the district’s COVID-19 Resource Page found at https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/domain/3058.
Google Classroom Codes:
*Google meet links will be posted in the classroom feed each morning. Be sure to refresh the page closer to class start time if you do not see it.
Distance Learning and Assessment Criteria
This page will serve as a learning tool and classroom resource in the case of any emergency that prevents us from meeting as a class in person at Orange Preparatory Academy. Please follow the specific directions, dates, and deadlines in order to complete all assigned work for Langauge Arts Class.
Students should complete twenty minutes of Reading Plus lessons/practice daily. Students who have achieved completion of Level 14 should see the choiceboard on Google Classroom.
See lessons on Google Classroom.
Assessment criteria is posted with assignments. Most writing assignments will be assessed using the NJSLA Writing Rubric.
Each student is responsibile for completing the assignments, including:
- Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
- Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
- Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis
- Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
- Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates