Extended Learning Resource Page
Greetings Parents and Students,
If the Orange District Public Schools determines that it is in the best interest of our students and staff to continue our lessons from remote locations, please know I am dedicated to your child's education.
I will available for consultation, instruction and questions as deemed by the district.
My availability where I will be available via Google Classroom and Remind are between the hours of 9 a.m - 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Please have the students look at Google Classroom daily for assignments and instructions.
Also, sign up for the Remind App to get notifications. You can find the Remind App Codes as well as our Google Classroom Codes on the "Distance Learning" section of my webpage. Please feel free to check out the "Helpful Links" section of my webpage for easy access to Clever, which includes Reading Plus, Spelling City, and Newsela, as well as other resources to keep you engaged while working from home.
If you can not reach me for any reason via these methods, please send me an e-mail and I will get back to you. For more information about the district's measures and updates about the COVID-19 Resources, please click here.Sincerely,Ms. Megan Breitenbach
Each student is responsibile for completing the assignments, including:
- Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
- Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
- Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis
- Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
- Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates
Students should complete twenty minutes of Reading Plus lessons/practice two to three times a week. Students who have achieved completion of Level 14 should see the choiceboard on Google Classroom. See lessons on classroom.google.com. Assessment criteria is posted with assignments. Most writing assignments will be assessed using the NJSLA Writing Rubric.