Degrees and Certifications:
My name is Matthew Kjelle and I would like to welcome you to my class page. I currently teach USII and Global Studies at Orange Prep! Please see my class outline below and feel free to contact me at Kjellema@Orange.k12.nj.us with any questions you may have.
- Respect the teacher and fellow classmates at all times. No exceptions.
- Report to class on time each day, and be prepared to start class.
- Absolutely no cell phones, ipods, etc. are permitted in class.
- Raise your hand if you have a question or comment.
- Remain seated at all times unless given permission.
- Come to class with a positive attitude! Be prepared to participate!
- Warning- Student/Teacher Conference
- Call Home
- Administrative Action
- 3- Ring Binder or notebook for notes and work.
- Folder- Please have a folder or a section in your binder for handouts.
- Pencil and Erasers- You will not be allowed to use anything other than a pencil on tests and quizzes. Please come prepared. Not having a pencil is not an excuse. Get one from the bin and begin working.
Homework will be assigned almost every day. Homework is designed for students to practice and review the concepts taught in class. It is also a way for students to discover problem areas within those concepts. Students should expect to have homework 3-5 times per week. Homework is checked every day after being placed into the appropriate bin during the first 3 minutes of class.
It is very important to get work completed on time! Having a busy schedule filled with sports and other extra-curricular activities is NEVER an excuse not to have homework done. You are responsible for making sure that you have time to complete your assignments. Late work will be accepted for ½ credit. Late work includes all work turned in later than the assignment’s due date.
Any homework or classwork assigned prior to your absence are due when you return to class. For every day you are absent, you are allowed one day to complete the missing work. Upon returning, you are responsible for checking to see what you missed. For example, if you were absent on a Monday, you will have 1 day to turn homework in or it is late (Wednesday).
Tests and Quizzes
Tests or quizzes will be announced in advance. Students will have a review in class on the day before the chapter test.
Grades will be based on the Orange Preparatory Academy 2018-2019 Staff Handbook:
20% Class work/participation
25% Authentic Assessment (portfolio, research, projects, etc.)
NOTE: Students may lose credit in a course, regardless of current grade, if 18 absences is exceeded in a full year course or 9 absences in a semester course.