"This webinar presented a research-supported scope and sequence for teaching young children concepts related to number sense. Mathematics specialist Brian Mowry delivered practical tips for:
- small number recognition of qualitites to 3
- small number recognition supported through meaningful counting with quantities up to 5
- synchronized and organized counting with sets up to 10
- conceptual subitizing of quantities to 10 and connection of numerals to quantities 1- 10
- comparison of quantities 1- 10 via counting
- modeling the joining of sums to 10 and finding differences (separating) within 10"