Extended Learning Procedures & Resources
Mrs. Daniela Antunes
Monday-Friday Office Hours
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Assignments for Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Vocabulary words – bark, bare, twigs, lungs, limbs, roots
HF Words – make, play, them, give
- Are Trees Alive? - Day 2
Today we will continue our book, "Are Trees Alive"? While you are listening to the book, think about the different parts of a tree. Today we will draw a tree and label the roots, bark, and branches.
Look at the video and draw a tree. Label the roots, bark, and branches. (Don’t draw any leaves. We will add them at a later date.)
Complete your work and submit to Class Dojo portfolio or message.
- Go on iRead for 20 minutes.
- Watch the following lesson video: https://youtu.be/T28KOWfBAoc
Problem Set: Complete the page(s) for Lesson 24.
Exit Ticket: Draw and write a number bond with 8 as the whole. Then make a drawing and show a change using X’s.
- Take a picture of your work (problem set and exit ticket). Then submit to Class Dojo portfolio or message.
- Go on iReady for 20 minutes.
*Remember to go on iReady for 20 minutes
Week of March 30th
Topic Question: What do goldfish need to live?
Task: Draw a goldfish. Write at least two things that they need to live, or survive. Your task is due by Friday, April 3rd. Please submit to Dojo portfolio or message.
Think: What kinds of food do you think goldfish find to eat when they live in the wild? Do goldfish prefer to swim near plants, or do they prefer open spaces? What parts of the goldfish’s body help it move around? Do goldfish ever rest, or are they always moving?
***Click on the links below to learn how to care for goldfish, learn how to draw fish and dance like a fish! Please also notice the parts of the fish.***
How to care for goldfish:
Need a brain break? 5 Little Fish Song
Visit the Georgia Aquarium: Ocean Voyager
Visit the Georgia Aquarium: Pacific Barrier Reef
ADDITIONAL and OPTIONAL PRACTICE: iReady Grade K Reading and Mathematics Packet
Extended Learning Procedures:
*Daily Assignments will be posted on my school webpage AND Class Dojo.
*There will be one assignment for each subject per day (English Language Arts, Math and Science). Students are expected to complete the given assignments by the end of each day.
*Most written assignments may be completed in their WRITING NOTEBOOK.
**Parents are expected to take a picture of the completed work. Then, please send the photo in a PRIVATE MESSAGE to Mrs. Antunes on Class Dojo so it may be assessed.
**I will be posting updates regularly on Class DOJO. PLEASE be sure to check our "Class Story", messages and your child's PORTFOLIO on a daily basis. Pictures of your child's work may be posted in the portfolio or in a private message to me. You must send me this photo or work in a written message. THANK YOU!
CLASS DOJO SUPPORT!!!
*General Student Expectations*
Student responsibilities in completing the assignments include:
1) Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
2) Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
3) Routinely checking Class Dojo and emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis
4) Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
5) Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
6) Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates
*Expectativas Mínimas de Estudiante*
La responsabilidad de estudiantes para cumplir las asignaciones incluyen:
1) Encontrar un espacio tranquilo y quieto para estudiar y aprender
2) Dedicar el tiempo adecuado para aprender, como ha sido indicado por los maestros
3) Revisar frecuentemente Class Dojo y los correos electrónicos diariamente para información de cursos, trabajo de clase y recursos
4) Asistir y tomar parte en las horas de reportarse que se ofrecen por los maestros
5) Participar en los discursos virtuales con honestidad académica, honradez, y según las políticas del distrito de Acceptable Use
6) Realizar todas las tareas requeridas por su maestra en el tiempo progamado