Office Hours for Home Instruction:
Monday - Friday
9:00 - 11:00 am
Name: Dr. Morrisroe
Email Address: Morrisro@Orange.k12.nj.us
All Home Instruction Assignments will be posted daily on Google Classroom. Students are expected to hand in completed assignments daily. Thank you!
Below are the links to my Google Classrooms. Assignments will be posted by 9am each day, M-F. Each assignment contains a due date. Please note, parents will be contacted if students are not completing assignments.
English Language Arts & Social Studies
English Language Arts
Should you have any questions about assignments, you can contact me through the following channels:
Additional ELA Resources:
WELCOME TO 4th-5th GRADE!!!
Dear Parents and Students,Welcome to the Extended Learning Resource Page. This page was created to provide students working from home with access to assignment, links, assessments, and practice resources. Schools will be closed from Tuesday, March 17 - Friday, March 27. Additional information and daily updates can be found onthe district's COVID-19 Resource page found at: COVID-19 Resource Page.General Student Expectations:
- Student responsibilities in completing the assignments include:
- Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
- Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
- Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis
- Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
- Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district's Acceptance Use Policy
- Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates
Support your child in their learning process by:
Educationally Yours,Dr. Morrisroe, Ed.D.
- Monitoring OPS updates sent via phone blasts, Class Dojo, Remind, Google Classroom, district website, etc.
- Checking in with your child daily about the At Home/Virtual Learning tasks, activities, and assessments that they are working on
- Encouraging adherence and attendance in the At-Home/Virtual Learning check-in times offered by each of your children’s teachers
- Designating a place and time where your child will work independently on his/her assigned tasks
- Asking your child to provide a brief summary of the learning he/she is engaging in for each class to ensure their understanding of the content
- Asking your child about their deadlines and supporting them, as needed, in submitting assignments in accordance with the established deadlines
- Helping your child manage logs to document progress on assignments and lessons
- Reminding your child to contact/email his/her teachers if they have any questions