During this time of Extended Learning, detailed information regarding community service will be shared via my Remind Classes and Google Classroom.
Remind App: @eniniva
Remind @eniniv has reached the maximum number of 150 students for one class; new student members should join @eniniva. Information will be posted in both classes.
Google Classroom: 2mmbb54
Photographs of log sheets can be sent through my Remind Class in lieu of turning in physical sheets or emailed as an attachment.
When attending an OHS virtual meeting or event, you must sign in with your name in order to recieve your hours. In addition, a screenshot while participating in the event needs to be sent via Remind.
Contact Ms. Ninivaggi to learn how to record hours for attending all other virtual events or meetings.
Don't forget about prior years' volunteer activities!! Did you participate in stage crew, band, plays, robotics, or other clubs while in OHS but didn't record them? Send me a message through Remind.
Current service activities:
- All volunteer activities outside of school - church, non-profit organizations
- Participation in 2020 Fall & Winter sports activities
- Class officers, clubs, SPACE, meetings that are held virtually
- Virtual events hosted by OHS, or within the district
- Virtual events hosted by organizations outside of the district, webinars, college virtual tours, etc.
Upcoming service opportunities in the City of Orange:
- Brotherhood Annual Cleanup - Friday May 28, 2021 9:30am. Meet in front of Orange Public Library
- Friends of Metcalf Park - ongoing park cleanups. Once a month on Saturdays 9:00-11:00am. Specific dates are sent via Remind.
- "Rock the Block Party" - Saturday June 12, 2021 2:00pm - 8:00pm. 8-10 volunteers needed throughout the day to assist with the bike rally. Send interest to me through Remind or sign-up through your Genesis portal - Community Service page.
Additional opportunities can be found at:
Every student of Orange High School should participate in 15 hours of community service each school year.
By the conclusion of their senior year, all Orange High School students must fulfill 60 hours of community service for graduation.
Click on the form below to download and complete.