Here are some great ideas to take care of yourself during Covid-19
- Wear a mask when you leave your home.
- Wash your hands frequently - for at least 20 seconds - especially when you come inside.
- Socially distance when you are in public spaces - stay at least 6 feet apart from others.
- When you are at a Zoom meeting or are sitting for at least a half hour in class, please make sure you get up and move around (for example -dance in place) for at least 30 seconds - every half hour.
- Try to stay healthy - make sure you have a good breakfast – include fruit, protein (eggs, peanut butter, cheese), and complex carbohydrates (whole wheat bread, granola bars, oatmeal).
- Get enough sleep – 8 to 10 hours per night.
- Eat more healthy foods
- Get some exercise every day.
- Try to limit fast food and unhealthy snacks.
- Do community service.
- Put your phone down, and talk to your friends and family members.
- Play some board games.
- Work on having good relationships with friends and family members.
- Study and work hard to do your best in school.
- Work on your problems – even get some counseling if you need some help. There is always someone to talk with, and people really care about you!
- Try to bring laughter into your life.
- Advocate for yourself. Respectfully speak up about things. .
- Be kind.
- Find what you love to do (reading, art, sports, volunteer work, etc),
- Get organized.
Saint Barnabas Medical Center presents
“COVID-19 vs. Cold, Flu, & Allergies”
Wednesday, November 18, 2020 6:00 PM — 7:00 PM Virtual Presentation
Questions are encouraged, please submit when you register
Please join us for a presentation with clinicians from Saint Barnabas Medical Center:
Linda Hardy, BBA, RRT-NPS, RPFT, AE-C, Asthma Educator Dr. Killol Patel, MD, Pulmonary Specialist
Dr. Stephanie Zandieh, MD FAAP, FCCP, Pediatric Pulmonologist
Last Modified on October 28, 2020