Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to the Extended Learning Resource Page. This page was created to provide students working from home with access to assignments, links, assessments, and practice resources. Schools will be closed from Tuesday, March 17 – Friday, March 27. Additional information and daily updates can be found on the district’s COVID-19 Resource Page found at https://www.orange.k12.nj.us/domain/3058.
1. Google Classroom and Remind
Below are the links and codes to my Google Classrooms and Remind. Assignments will be posted by 8AM each day, and each assignment is due 4PM each day. Please note, parents will be contacted if students are not completing assignments.
Pre Calculus (Per 4)
Pre Calculus (Per 5)
Pre Calculus (Per 6)
Honors Algebra 2 (Per 7-8)
Google Classroom: https://classroom.google.com
2. Online Resources
Below are the list of online resources that you need to complete your work.
Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/
3. General Student Expectations
Student responsibilities in completing the assignments include:
- Identifying a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn
- Dedicating appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers
- Routinely checking appropriate Google Classrooms and emails for information on courses, assignments, and resources, on a daily basis
- Attending and participating in any check-in times offered by your teachers
- Engaging in the virtual platforms with academic honesty, integrity, and according to the district’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Submitting all assignments in accordance with provided timelines and/or due dates
Support your child in their learning process by:
- Monitoring OPS updates sent via phone blasts, Class Dojo, Remind, Google Classroom, district website, etc.
- Checking in with your child daily about the At Home/Virtual Learning tasks, activities, and assessments that they are working on
- Encouraging adherence and attendance in the At-Home/Virtual Learning check-in times offered by each of your children’s teachers
- Designating a place and time where your child will work independently on his/her assigned tasks
- Asking your child to provide a brief summary of the learning he/she is engaging in for each class to ensure their understanding of the content
- Asking your child about their deadlines and supporting them, as needed, in submitting assignments in accordance with the established deadlines
- Helping your child manage logs to document progress on assignments and lessons
- Reminding your child to contact/email his/her teachers if they have any questions
Note: If you are having technical difficulty accessing the assignments, please contact your schools’ Technology Coordinator Mrs. Budhu for support at BudhuBer@orange.k12.nj.us
4. Office Hours
I will be available daily to answer any questions you may have. My virtual Office Hours are as follows:
Morning: Monday – Friday, 9:00AM – 11:00AM
Afternoon: Monday – Friday, 12:00PM – 2:00PM
In addition, there will be Google Meet session (optional) twice a week. Days and times of Google Meet sessions are as follows:
Wednesdays 10:00AM - 11:00AM
Fridays 1:00PM - 2:00PM
The codes for the google meets will be posted on google classroom on the days the session will take place.
Should you have any questions about assignments, you can contact me through either email (email@example.com) or remind app.